Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Joomla 3.8.1 is not ready for PHP 7.2

6 years 5 months ago
    Topic Author
  • John
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

For those trying to upgrade to PHP 7.2, save some headaches and wait a bit until everything catches up to it. Joomla 3.8.2 is not there yet and without tweaks causes conflicts with, akeeba and Jomsocial. PHP 7.1 is working just fine. In updates ensure that iconv and CuRL are installed as sometimes hosts over look it in the installation.
Joomla is ready for PHP 7.2 but it is third party products that are not. It would be much better if Jomsocial would test and announce when and if the version is ready for New releases of Joomla or PHP versions rather than announcing a package and selling it as if it is. Jomsocial 4.4.4 - 5 was not ready for the ongoing Joomla 3.8 changes. Then the upgrade process would be more cautious and well intentioned.
On the other hand, my problems were sorted out quickly by Dimas and I have no issue there.

My issue will be in the next upgrades towards Joomla 4. I would not be in a hurry but now Joomla is driving (and it is exciting) but the industry to keep up.

It is time, and long overdue as the faithful are waiting.

6 years 5 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi,

I suggest you dont do upgrade until Joomla! post the annoucement for latest php version compability.

thank you!

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński