Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

message history

6 years 7 months ago
    Topic Author
  • scott
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I still not able to get old message to show in new version of jomsocial, how can i fix this?

thank you

6 years 7 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Scott,

The old message will be generated via cron job, make sure your cron job is active, then wait and see :)

thank you!

6 years 6 months ago
    Topic Author
  • scott
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

They will come back with my existing cron job that already runs on server for Jomsocial? or do i setup something new for this?

does the Cron jobs / Scheduled Task Process need to be enabled also in jomsocial component ?

I have over 40000 messages, how long will this take?

6 years 6 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi,

The migration process will be migrated via current cron job.
"Cron jobs / Scheduled " you just skip this configuration, this is not related with chat migration.
Per cron the message date will be transfered 100 records.... if you need transfer it faster you can modify this file components/com_community/libraries/cron.php find this code

. ' LIMIT 100';
and increase the value :)

6 years 6 months ago
    Topic Author
  • scott
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

thanks for that info

1- But as the old messages started to come in, a user that sent me 6 different messages before, is showing up as 6 of the same users in side panel

2- And i have new mail notice from this person, when i read the message and go back to home page, new mail notice shows again even though i read it

3- Is there no way to delete messages now?

Attachments:
6 years 6 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Scott,

1. Maybe its coming from different message subject on old message, please check again.
2. maybe that mail is coming different message? you can track the mail queue from Jomsocial backend->Monitor->Mail Queue
3. Delete message is under developing now.. we will let you know when its available in next version

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński