Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Not happy

6 years 8 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Just to let you know. I think many of your users are not tech persons, and as such would require a great deal of support at the start. Some more than others. I use SourceCoast, JReviews and components at CMExtension, all of which have great, helpful and much faster support than iJoomla. I chose JomSocial because I was using a component that only integrated with JS, but now I've decided not to use it. Really unfortunate for me because I'm not happy with your support.

I'm venting a bit now as I've needed to get my registration sorted for over a week now and I can't, all because your "one-click" upgrade advertised in your website doesn't work and instead of addressing this your support told me to go ask my hosting provider for help. Regardless of your opinion of my tech ability I'm a customer and I think I deserve better faster service than this.

The way I feel now, if I could easily switch over to EasySocial i would. I remember there support was much better than yours. If I read other comments on the net, it seems many share this opinion. You seem to have a great product, if only your service matched.

6 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Peter.

Thank you for contacting us and your feedback.
But could you elaborate about what is actually wrong with our support?

I saw your previous threads.
You reported issue with installation. After investigating it we found that your server do not meet JomSocial 4.4 system requirements.
Installation package is quite big and your max_upload_file is too low.
So I provided you with alternative solution - J! folder installation.

We do not expect that users will be tech persons... but at least basic technical knowledge is required. In other case you won't be able to administrate your site... and doesn't matter what extensions you'll be using. From time to time issues happens - but not all can be solved on our side.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alejandro J
6 years 7 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

No problem Michat. You are absolutely right and I don't want to get into a discussion to prove anybody wrong or right. My frustration came out of a registration problem that JS support said might be resolved if I upgrade to JS latest, only to find that this turned into a frustrating experience. Upgrading was nothing like what was advertised on your site. I had installed many components before (jReviews, JFBConnect, Regular Labs etc.) and never had such an upgrade experience. Also the instruction about increasing max file size was not clear to me as I thought I already had far exceeded the min size requirements and it was not explained to me where I could make the proper change. Rather I was given the alternative means to upload. Given the problems I was having, I felt JS support should have just completed the upgrade.

I also felt the lag times in your responses were quite long and I was trying to quickly solve the registration experience so I could do use case testing on another important component. So yes I was a bit anxious and your support gives no facility to indicate the urgency of a request.

Managing tone is difficult in writing, and people like me must make it very hard on your side, but I did not feel my situation was dealt with any authentic empathy, and hence my strong reaction.

I also have benchmarks from other providers to compare and JS just didn't match. Perhaps I was just in a particularly anxious mood at the times of my requests and replies.

Anyway, I'm moving on. I have a few days to give EasySocial a go at no cost. If they don't make me happy I'll come back, but I won't bring any expectations and I will expect that I don't have any fans at JS support.

Be well and much success.
Peter

6 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Peter.

I see your point. Thank you for explanation.
We work form different timezones in 8 hour shifts (+1 and +8). This may be not enough as they do not cover all timezones. This especially apply to both Americas. That's why response response was delayed.

We're not a English native speaks. We improve our language skills all the time but still we're focusing more on technical aspects... so our communication may lack empathy.

I understand, no hard feelings. You'll be always welcome if you decide to go back to JomSocial ;)

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

6 years 7 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Michat, my brother. All is good. It's funny how everyone can react from their own perspective, but when they learn the bigger picture all is Ok with the world. English is hard enough for native speakers so bravo to you guys. I get it wrong often.

If ES doesn't work out I'll let you know, and much success to you and your team regardless.

6 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Peter.

Thank you :) I hope we'll meet again ;)
I wish you all the best.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński