Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Updated to 4.4.2 and still no notification / envelope

6 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Jonas
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Licenses:
JomSocial Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi,

First I just want to say that I love your work and we are happy we found JS.
Nevertheless we have some questions and thoughts.

I have just updated to 4.4.2 but there are still missing global notifications when you get an answer to message.
There will only be a notification at the first contact written from a profile but nothing after that.
The envelope do not work at all.

The timestamp is only visible in the fists message and nothing after that.
Is the thought that it will only be one timestamp or will it come timestamps for answers after that?

Don´t know if there is something wrong with our site regarding this ore this is things coming soon?

A lot of members are missing a send button in the chat, they think it´s a bit confusing when there is a send button when sending a message from a profil and not after that.
On a mobile it´s not possible to line break the text and on a computer you need to us to keys.
Is this something coming soon ore will it be optional?

Yes we are also missing a delete button but I know you say is´s coming.

Regards
Jonas

6 years 9 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Jonas.

Thank you for contacting us and your kind words :)

1 and 2 - I'll report that to our developers.
3. Chat do not have pot button as it's enough to hit enter on keyboard, it works the same way as comments under posts on stream. Chats usually work like that, when you hit enter message is sent so there is no need to click anything with mouse so you can focus on keyboard only.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
6 years 9 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Jonas.

Just tested issue with envelope and I can't replicate it.
The case is that envelope will light on ONLY if you're not on chat at the moment when someone sends you something.
If you're on chat window, envelope icon will not show anything.
Please, check.

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

6 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Jonas
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:

Hi Michal,

Thanks for your answers.

I begin with
"3. Chat do not have pot button as it's enough to hit enter on keyboard, it works the same way as comments under posts on stream. Chats usually work like that, when you hit enter message is sent so there is no need to click anything with mouse so you can focus on keyboard only."
Well then is´s confusing that you have the send button in the first contact sending chat from a members profil, or?

Since I went on 4.4, 4.4.1 and now 4.4.2 the envelope icon never show anything at all.

The Global Notification only show when someone sends the first message from inside a members profile.
Not if someone answers something in a ongoing chat.
Member don´t know if someone posted something in the chat now.

It´s the same with the outgoing mail to the mail connected to the profile.
It´s only when you get a message from inside your profile that a mail I sent to your mail to inform you that there is a message in the inbox.
If someone is sending directly in the chat there is no outgoing mail to inform you that you have a new message.

This means that we are "blind" and are missing a lot of info until we go in to chat and look if there is something new.
Don´t know if this is something with my site or if it´s ment to be?

Nevertheless my members are complaining about it.

Regards
Jonas

6 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Jonas
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:

Hi Michal,

Coming back to this:

"3. Chat do not have pot button as it's enough to hit enter on keyboard, it works the same way as comments under posts on stream. Chats usually work like that, when you hit enter message is sent so there is no need to click anything with mouse so you can focus on keyboard only."
Well then is´s confusing that you have the send button in the first contact sending chat from a members profil, or?

There is a send button in comments on mobile devices, se photo:

So it´s confusing that there are send buttons in some places and not in others.

Regards.
Jonas

Attachments:
6 years 9 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Jonas.

I chats you usually do not have post button as enter key is used for sending
The same way in chat you can't add new line with enter key.
This is widely used for long long time on all chats.
In mobile you have post button because... you don;t have enter key that works the same as on physical keyboard :)

As for the issue. I assign developer to investigate this further.
He'll contact you at Monday.

6 years 9 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi,

Thank you for reporting, we will improve it later, this request already on our bugs list.

cheers!

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński