Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Please remove the star before Jomsocial in Components drop down

6 years 8 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Gents,
I'd like to mention a minor but very persistent dissatisfier about using your product. Someone thought it's a good idea to trick
the alphabetical dropdown list in the Jooml menu and have Jomsocial be listed at the top of "components". See screencast.com/t/ykgvFf72
This actually works against you because the average human eye dismisses the star and immediately starts searching the dropdown list by letter. It's only when you don't find Jomsocial that you go back up to the top and notice the star. Even though I've experienced this several time now, I still don't see jomsocial at the top. I don't know what value add is derived
from being at the top of the drop down menu, but from this user's experience it's not necessary and actually creates a
needless irritation with using your product. That along with the way I have to upgrade. But I've said enough about that already and it seems you're working to fix that.

Thanks for allowing me to vent this small thing.

Peter

The following user(s) said Thank You: Matt
6 years 8 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your input..

6 years 8 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I second this (removal of the star before JomSocial).

The following user(s) said Thank You: Peter Gales
6 years 8 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi,

on next update the star will be gone.. if you wanna remove it please you open this file /administrator/language/en-GB/en-GB.com_community.sys.ini, find this code :

COM_COMMUNITY="★ JomSocial"
change to
COM_COMMUNITY="JomSocial"

6 years 8 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Nice way of saying 'screw you' and no problem. I might feel the same way, and I just wanted to let you know. It's all good. Thanks for your other replies and have a super fantastic day. (no sarcasm intended).
;-)

6 years 8 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Oops. I hadn't read the other responses and really wasn't trying to be sarcastic. I don't need it removed urgently but nice to know it will be gone.
Be well. Thanks for the support Jonathan.

6 years 8 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Jonathan,

That is make sense, do not feel guilty ;)

thank you!

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński