Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Multiple JQuery Issue after jomsocial 4.4

6 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Jonathan.

Okay, so I see that the best solution will be to load jQuery library only on JomSocial related pages. There is no need to load it on article creation page as it has nothing to do with JS. I'll talk with our developers.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
6 years 7 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Well, currently it is only loaded on JomSocial pages. The problem is with modules like the JS Toolbar which we have active on every page of the site. It is loading the JS version of jQuery.

Even with this solution, JS pages will still be loading 2 versions of jQuery. This is horrible for optimization and page load.

6 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Guys.

This is more complicated that it looks.
We need time to solve this.
I reported this to our developer and they are working on this.

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

6 years 7 months ago
    Topic Author
  • sugeng
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Thanks Michal

Waiting for the fix.....

6 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Guys.

So here it what we agreed: we NEED to load jQuery 3 to maintain JS features. Joomla! jQuery is outdated and unsupported and we can't relay on it. So in case of any issues you need to:

1. Open new thread on our support forum
2. Report the issue in details
3. We'll investigate and provide a fix for each site individually

I'm sorry but there is no other option.

6 years 7 months ago
    Topic Author
  • sugeng
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Michał wrote: Hi Guys.

So here it what we agreed: we NEED to load jQuery 3 to maintain JS features. Joomla! jQuery is outdated and unsupported and we can't relay on it. So in case of any issues you need to:

1. Open new thread on our support forum
2. Report the issue in details
3. We'll investigate and provide a fix for each site individually

I'm sorry but there is no other option.

Okay since this is my thread about this issue, so i assume i just keep going with this thread to request support. so.... first of all, i need the layer slider to be working again since it's suffering from multiple jquerry issue. it's on my frontpage. and i already submit my administrator information as well.

Thank you Michal

6 years 7 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Thanks Michal, but this is not a good solution. I understand that the jQuery library Joomla! loads is outdated, but it is still the core of the js being used on Joomla! sites.
I highly recommend a more in-depth audit of the results of such decisions in future JS updates.

While we wait for Joomla to update it's version of jQuery, is there an easy way to revert back to the previous version of JomSocial? Unfortunately, we cannot use the current version with its incompatibility issues.

6 years 7 months ago
    Topic Author
  • sugeng
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Jonathan wrote: Thanks Michal, but this is not a good solution. I understand that the jQuery library Joomla! loads is outdated, but it is still the core of the js being used on Joomla! sites.
I highly recommend a more in-depth audit of the results of such decisions in future JS updates.

While we wait for Joomla to update it's version of jQuery, is there an easy way to revert back to the previous version of JomSocial? Unfortunately, we cannot use the current version with its incompatibility issues.

Hi Jonathan....
what was last best jomsocial version known to work normally? i do indeed find a lot of problem to run this version

6 years 7 months ago
    Topic Author
  • sugeng
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Dear Michal

I am starting to get tons of complaints. may i get the link for version 4.3. or last best version known to run normally.

Regards

6 years 7 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Sugeng—I think the version we were running before upgrading was 4.3.4.

Michal—Can we please get a link to the latest stable version of 4.3, or possibly include it in the downloads section of our user account?

I need to get a site reverted as soon as possible.

6 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Guys.

Just sent you link to the package via JS PM.
But I rather expected that you post about the issues in details here.
Downgrading is not quite a solution but a step back... I understand that you need working website (as your users are complaining).
So could you make a copy of the site with JS 4.4 to help us resolve the issue?

6 years 7 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Thanks again Michal.
I'll leave a 4.4 version, but I can't have JomSocial loading an additional jQuery library. In my opinion, if JS is going to continue to require jQuery v3 then you will need to rewrite the core Joomla! javascript files to be compatible with v3, or convince the Joomla! production team to update jQuery in the next core update.

6 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Jonathan.

Joomla! Team didn't changed jQuery since version 1... so they won't do that anytime soon :/
I started series of tests to find a solution.
Please, guys, provide me names of 3rd party extensions that you sue and have conflict with JS jQuery.

6 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Guys.

Initial test looks promising :)
I use Easy jQuery (free extension) and it looks like it can solve most of the issues.
Try this settings:
prntscr.com/gfcdxh
prntscr.com/gfcebp

With this settings T3 Bootstrap and JomSocial scripts work fine along with chat feature.

Let me know your results.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński