Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Multiple JQuery Issue after jomsocial 4.4

6 years 8 months ago
    Topic Author
  • sugeng
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Dear Jomsocial Team

After upgrading to jomsocial 4.4 i got "Multiple jQuery issue" with LayerSlider by Offlajn. I got no problem like this with previous version (4.2.5). need help with this issue

Regards

Attachments:
6 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

HI.

Thank you for contacting us and reporting this issue.
I assign developer to investigate it further.
He'll contact you ASAP.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
6 years 8 months ago
    Topic Author
  • sugeng
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi Michal.
Thank you for your support. Really appreciate it, and really need your support, since i very need the layer slider

Regards

6 years 8 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I'm having issues with jQuery conflicts after 4.4 upgrade as well.

It is that 4.4 now loads jQuery version 3 and does so in addition to Joomla core loading version 1.12. So not only is version 3 breaking things, it's double loading jQuery.

6 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Jonathan.

Yes, I talked with our developers and since Joomla! is loading outdated (and customized) version of jQuery we have to load our own library... what causes the issue. We're working on possible solution.

The option could be to disable Joomla! jQuery using this plugin: github.com/Poznakomlus/joomla_options

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

6 years 8 months ago
    Topic Author
  • sugeng
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi Michal

So what do you suggest for me until your team got the solution. But not hacking joomla. Since i need the Layer Slider to be operate since we use it to welcoming our next event

Regards

6 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

HI.

I suggested to disable Joomla! jQuery using above plugin. It doesn't hack Joomla! but implements additional feature like plugins do.

6 years 8 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

The problem with disabling the Joomla version of jQuery is that every other extension (not to mention Joomla core JS) are built to the older version of jQuery. While disabling it will help JomSocial, it will break a lot of other things. JomSocial has jumped up to version 3 without waiting for the rest of Joomla.

I'm all for using the latest and greatest, but not when it breaks such a large amount of existing functionality.

6 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Jonathan.

We're working on this, I hope will have solution soon.

6 years 8 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active Socialize Expired

I am am finding tons and tons of errors... most if not all my site / every page is effected and the above plugin does not work/ fix any issue

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jonathan
6 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Guys.

Please, help us out with this issue. I need a detailed reports or printscreens for all errors you can find.

6 years 8 months ago
    Topic Author
  • sugeng
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi Thank you for your Support Michal
Hope your team can solve this As soon as possible.
Let's help Michal's team by attaching SC of error.

6 years 8 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

As far as detailed reports, it really is the bulk of Joomla! core javascript, and of course any 3rd party extensions that are built for the jQuery version that Joomla! loads in core. The first thing I noticed was on the Joomla! article form view. None of the Chosen functionality on fields works.

In my opinion, JomSocial needs to have an option to load jQuery or not. I think it will take a lot of work to get the Joomla! core team to update everything to v3 of jQuery.

While I completely understand JomSocial wanting to use the latest version, it is in fact an extension for Joomla! and should be built to not break core Joomla! functionality.

6 years 8 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Here is a screenshot of the Joomla! article form view. You can see the broken Chosen elements. I had renamed the JS jQuery file, but the last update (yesterday) must have renamed it breaking the site again.

Unfortunately, this was found by my client who is not very happy.

Attachments:
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński