Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Jomsocial takes too long to login

6 years 9 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi,
I have about 10 joomla with jomsocial installed in the same server and them all takes too many time to login, especially when there are too many users at the same time (it can take more than 30 secons).
I enabled joomla debug mode and it registered more than 800 querys and about 700 of them are duplicated

Also when you inspect the home page once you logged in you see all images are resized, is there any plugin or jomsocial setting that shows only thumbs at home page (to reduce page size and load time)?

Finally I would like to know if is possible to change, via plugin, joomla/jomsocial natural behavior to something like API REST, to decrease server processor use.

Attachments:
6 years 9 months ago
Licenses:

HI.

Thank you for contacting us.
I've tried to check JomSocial troubleshooting but it ends up with server error: prntscr.com/g0gsn0
Please, check if your server meets our recommend system requirements: documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/JomSoci..._System_Requirements

As for resized images - they are resized. They are a bit bigger for fluid design needs. There is not big difference between file with size 128px ad 60px... really ;)

Joomla! debug tool doesn't show anything alerting in rendering times for JS... so I guess it's rather your server than any extension.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
6 years 8 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi Michal, thanks for answering so fast,

Yesterday we were working on the server so I guess that's the reason you get that server error. Please retry again, I can login without unexpected errors.
Also I want you to know that I have checked jomsocial requirements and we have all of them over minimun, but now I set them to recommended values.

6 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

HI.

No, error still appears: prntscr.com/g0x1fg
Please, check, browse to Backend -> Components -> JomSocial -> Tools -> Troubleshooting
Please, check your server error log.

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

6 years 8 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi again,

I checked Components -> JomSocial -> Tools -> Troubleshooting, and it returns 500 error.
Then I checked php_error log and found the following message: "PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\PHP7.1.5\ext\php_mysql.dll'".
I changed for php 7 for php5.6 and now I see Troubleshooting inside jomsocial tools.

6 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

HI.

That's good. Settings are not those recommended but okay.
The module you use at frontpage
I analyzed your site loading time and it loads within 6-8 seconds:
prntscr.com/g0ylqn
Please, check my video: youtu.be/8hd7GipBX1w
It loads quite fast for my.
I can't replicate your issue.

6 years 8 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Thanks Michal,

Finally I would like to know if what I said at the beginning of this post about the number of queries is normal or not?

6 years 8 months ago
Licenses:

HI.

Yes, it's normal. Queries are done in a fraction of the seconds... even that amount shouldn't have serious effect on loading time.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński