Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

status updates and photos do not commit to database and are not on act stream

6 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Shawn
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active Socialize Active

I recently upgraded to version 4.3.4 and status updates and photos no longer appear on the activity stream. Looking at the database, it appears they do not commit.

My upgrade path was not conventional done through the ijoomla installer, so I may have done something wrong. The frontend of my site was not working correctly at the time of upgrade, which prevented ijoomla installer from working. I instead ftp'd the com_community_4.3.4.zip component directly and then ran through the upgrade steps within.

Do you have any recommendation on how to repair the install assuming that is the issue? Can I run through the install procedure again by uploading the com_community_4.3.4.zip component again and running through the install steps one more time?

My site is hosted by GoDaddy, so I have been using the built in cron tool. I tried manually running the cron and then set up a cron schedule using one of the recommended cron websites. The cron jobs appear to run as expected with no issues noted in the logs.
Joomla version 3.7.2.
PHP version is out of date (5.4.19), but still meets minimum requirements. I am not able to update this to a newer version as this is a GoDaddy host, but they have promised to make 5.7 available in the next few months.

6 years 9 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi,

Would you mind provide me backend and FTP access, please? also please provide me addtional information with some screenshots of your issue.

thank you!

6 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Shawn
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Dimas,

Thank you for the quick reply. Here is an example of what happens when I try to post "test" to the wall status in the activity stream:

With the activity steam open, type "test" into the status update field, then click post. The update animation happens in place of the post button, and then, nothing. The post does not appear in the stream and when I look in the database there is no record.

Right before clicking post button:
imgur.com/PY7BPnJ

After:
imgur.com/QhPvXNl

I sent you a PM regarding the login details.

6 years 9 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Shawn,

I see, please you check Jomsocial configuration->user points->make sure this is enable "Post Status From Share Box"

If you need more help, please provide me backend and FTP access..

thank you!

6 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Shawn
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Yes the user points setting is enabled. I provided login information in the original post. I do wonder if maybe I am missing an expected Joomla plugin. I upgraded joomla to 3.7 from 3.4 and I do see some plugins under discovery that may be expected in the standard install. I will search through the Joomla forums to see what I can find, but wanted to mention it to you just in case.

6 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Shawn
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Dimas,

Just a quick update - trying to give you as much information about this issue as possible. I am able to add a new photo and comment on it from the photo menu. But when I try to add a photo from the activity stream, after going through the upload dialogue, the photo is never uploaded and the activity stream is not updated. If I try to comment on a photo from the activity stream, I get a popup error message.

Screenshot:
imgur.com/gYEC0gl

6 years 9 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi,

I get internal server error there, this issue can be caused by Jomsocial requirment issue, please make sure your you set it well..

thank you!

Attachments:
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński