Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

How to enforce User Registration

6 years 11 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Olumide
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hi,
I currently have jomsocial installed on my site as seen on image11.
Once a guest vistor gets to the site, he is able to see the home page as shown in the attached image11. However, i want all clicks on the homepage to redirect to the login page/form; meaning i do not want the guest user to be able to navigate through the site. I only want the guest user to have a first hand feel of what the site is all about but clicks to any part of the site should redirect to login page or registration page.
Secondly, how do i achieve the customization shown in image12 attached.
Lastly, how do i locate the image in the attachment image13 in my Cpanel.
Kindly advise and help. Thanks

Attachments:
6 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Olumide.

Thank you for contacting us.

1. The best option will be to set all elements privacy to "Members" in Backend -> Components -> JomSocial -> Configuration -> Privacy

2. Browse to Backend -> Extensions -> Templates -> Socialize -> Layout and set theme to "social". This will remove header. next browse to Backend -> Extensions -> Modules -> JomSocial Toolbar and edit it. It will allow you to set site logo.

3. You don't have to locate is if you want to change it. Just browse to Backend -> Components -> JomSocial -> Pro Features -> General and upload new one.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
6 years 11 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Olumide
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Thanks alot for the speedy response.
1. I tried the suggestion and it worked perfectly for member profiles etc. However it did not work for the JS Group module on the home page. The guest can still click on the photos and peruse the group via JS Group. What i actually need is "any click" on the home page or any menu, redirects to the Login Page or pops up the login page. I love the way the home page is. It was designed to give the guest a full or anticipated view of the site in order to get him/her to register.
2. Worked perfectly. Thanks for that
3. Yeah i followed the instruction and got it right. However i do not want to totally replace the front page image. I just want to know exactly where it is, should i need to revert back to it after replacing it. Similarly, is there any specific dimension needed for the replacement. What is the dimension of the current front page image??
Thanks alot for all the effort thus far.

6 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Olumide.

1. JS Group is a module and it content will link to appropriate element.
If you want to cut this way off, please, set it display to registered users only.

3. Image is located here: ROOT/components/com_community/assets/frontpage-image-default.jpg
Dimensions are 1140x469px.
But don't change it there as it will be overwritten during next update.
Always use option in Pro Features.

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Olumide
6 years 11 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Olumide
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Sorry to bother you once again. Please i need some further clarity.
In response to this suggestion of yours,
"Browse to Backend -> Extensions -> Templates -> Socialize -> Layout and set theme to "social"." Am i to alter the value of "Position & Responsive Configuration" to "social" or alter the value of "sub-layout" to "social".
I think it was the sub-layout value that i initally changed and it worked but now it aint working.
I would also want to know if the system creates optimised files from uploaded files like images. Does it automatically delete this files or one has to configure it to delete original files.
Lastly, how can i enable a user to login with their username or email address.
Thanks

6 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

HI.

Position & Responsive Configuration.

System do optimize photos to some extent. Files are stored on your server - please, use FireBug to track their exact location.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński