Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Facebook connect button missing after upgrade

6 years 11 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

We have just upgraded to jomsocial 4.3.3 and Joomla 3.7.1, but now the Facebook Connect button does not appear on either the Jomsocial home page or the websites login page.
I have checked the Integrations page and it is setup correctly according to the installation guide.

6 years 11 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Rob,

Would you mind provide me backend and FTP access, please? you can provide it inside private fields inside your first post of this topic.

thank you

6 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

I have added the login details to the first message.

6 years 11 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Rob,

it should be fine now.. this issue caused by "Use SourceCoast's JFBC" was enabled, now I already disabled it and FBC is working fine

But i find minor issue on your popup text, the text cant be seen.. this issue caused by conflict with your template , to fix this please apply this css code on your css file
.joms-popup__content {
    color: #000;
}

thank you!

Attachments:
6 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Awesome. I can see the button now.
However it still doesn't appear on the login module on the homepage. The module is the standard joomla mod_login module and It was displaying there before the upgrade.

Thanks.

6 years 11 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Rob,

Our default FBConnect button only show on module hellome, it wont show on mod_login module..

I think you used JFBC component extensions.joomla.org/extension/jfbconnect/ before, right ? but i cant see it now on your backend.. maybe you need install it again..

6 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, no we didn't use JFBC.

Can you please have a look at another site of ours which is identical but is still using an older version of Jomsocial, and it is displaying the connect button.

This message contains confidential information

6 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi all.
I did abit more research on this and worked out that after upgrading Jomsocial you may find that many of the optional jomsocial modules no longer exist, such as the mod-jomsocialconnect module and you'll have to reinstall it/them.
We were missing the mod-jomsocialconnect module which allows you to place the facebook connect button anywhere on your site.
The download link can be found here: www.jomsocial.com/media/kunena/attachmen...jomsocialconnect.zip .

Regards.

6 years 10 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

HI Rob,

oh you used that module, we removed that module officially, so if you want you can re-install it again with that module package www.jomsocial.com/media/kunena/attachmen...jomsocialconnect.zip

thank you!

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński