Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

URGENT! Last upgrade has caused corruption with user permissions when logging in

7 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Zurkster
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Merry Christmas!
It is almost exactly to the day when we discovered a permissions issue with our original domain last Christmas, which led to a complete rebuild of the site after suffering at the hands of what was assumed to be a malicious hack. Well it seems that this year we're being plagued again by a similar mystery problem that has rendered our site useless and creating a big headache for me at Christmas.

I'll try to explain what's happening. When any user logs into the site, the first problem is having to disable JomSocial redirect plugin. Or we receive an authentication error, secondly and most recently any user who logs into the site, frontend or backend will have their group permissions stripped from their user account (see screenshot)

This issue affects all account groups including Super user accounts. The only way to get into the site is have multiple SU accounts created so you can re-login to the backend. As soon as you do the permissions are wiped clean out and that account then becomes inaccessible thereafter. The second thumbnail added shows the error a user is met with after attempting to sign in.

I have performed NO recent updates since updating JomSocial a short while ago. I haven't had the chance to test the site after updates until yesterday and noticed the login issue.
A second unrelated issue I have observed since updating JomSocial is that when I create a link in a Joomla menu to the 'All Videos' menu feature, the site displays an error, however when clicking on the same featured link in the JomSocial menu for 'All videos' the page is displayed correctly. This type of error has happened before in a previous update, where there would be an error when creating links to JomSocial items from within a Joomla generated menu.

I'd appreciate any assistance with these two matters as our site is unusable as it is.

PS. When I click on the 'insert' attachment link on this message, it will not inster into document, instead it just opens another explorer window, but still will not insert it.

Attachments:
7 years 4 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Zurkster.

Thank you for contacting us and reporting this issue.
Please send me via PM:

1. Your site backend URL
2. Super User credentials
3. FTP credentials
4. Link to current forum thread (so I'll know to what your PM apply to).

BTW I have a little script that helps a lot if you lost access to your SU account. You just uploads it into ROOT/Administrator and call in browser URL field. And you login as SU with all privileges. So you don't need to have multiple SU accounts - just FTP access is needed. Do you want me to share it with you?

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
7 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Zurkster
  • Visitor
Licenses:

sent you a PM on JS community with usual login details....

7 years 4 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Zurkster
  • Visitor
Licenses:

PS. I have to go out for a couple of hours Michal, please feel free to have a look around, I've also removed the firewall password for you in case there's conflict there.

Thanks again...

7 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Zurkster.

I left urgent message for our developers.
They should take care of this starting from Monday.
I'll be on holidays so Dimas may jump in and keep you updated... I'll also have eye on this ;)

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
7 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Zurkster
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi again Michal.... You can call off the attack dogs, for I have decided to wind the site back with Akeeba and avoid all the grief of repairing it, over simply restoring a known good state. I did lose two weeks of some pretty good progress on my sites layout and frontend configuration, but I believe it was easier in the long run.

Thanks anyway for your fast response at Christmas... I hope you had a good one?
Regards
Anthony

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński