Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Jomsocial 4.3 Frontend Login Failed

7 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Same issue here - fix very much needed. Special characters are highly encouraged on our site. Please fix urgently

7 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Guys.

Please, use this form to send a report: www.jomsocial.com/submit-support
Response will be much quicker.

Anyway the fix is easy:

Please, try to uninstall JomSocial redirection plugin and install it again from JomSocial 4.3 package. You'll find it here:
ROOT/UNZIP-FIRST-JomSocial Professional-4.3/com_community_pro_4.3/site/all_plugins/plg_jomsocialredirect.zip

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
7 years 3 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi,
that has worsened the situation for me. Now after login the system loops in an endless redirection loop.
Jomsocial System and Jomsocial User plugin show version 4.2 in the management view. Is this intended?
Edit: Replacing the Jomsocial User plugin with the current version also did not change the behaviour. Only when disabling the Jomsocial User plugin the site is accessible now.
Kind regards,
Andreas

7 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

HI, Andreas.

Please, fill this form: www.jomsocial.com/submit-support
Currently forum has much smaller support capability.

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

7 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active AdAgency Expired iSEO Expired Socialize Expired

Just updated to JS4.3.0 three days ago and have been experiencing many user password issues since. When can we expect a fix for the special character password issue? Please & Thanks!

7 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, David.

Please, read this: www.jomsocial.com/forum/installation/360...failed/173426#173395
Make sure that installed plugin is 4.3.0 in other case you'll experience this issue all over again.

7 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

RE: file
ROOT/UNZIP-FIRST-JomSocial Professional-4.3/com_community_pro_4.3/site/all_plugins/plg_jomsocialredirect.zip
but we’re running the standard version (not pro).

So how do I get this file?? thx

7 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Daniel.

The same way. It doesn't matter if it's PRO or Standard, plugin is in the same place.

6 years 8 months ago
  • D.
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Howdy,

I hate to "beat a dead horse" but I'm still having issues with the front end login. Even logging in as admin from the front I get the message: you are trying to access a page that is used for register members only.
Now, before you tell me to update the redirect plugin, I have already done that... and I'm running the latest version, 4.3.3 of Jomsocial. I've checked for outdated plugins etc.

I have attached a screenshot of the message in hopes that someone will shed some light on this issue. I'll include the backend log in if needed – just need this problem to get resolved.

Regards,
D. Ashley

Attachments:
6 years 8 months ago
  • D.
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Howdy,

I hate to "beat a dead horse" but I'm still having issues with the front end login. Even logging in as admin from the front I get the message: you are trying to access a page that is used for register members only.
Now, before you tell me to update the redirect plugin, I have already done that... and I'm running the latest version, 4.3.3 of Jomsocial. I've checked for outdated plugins etc.

I have attached a screenshot of the message in hopes that someone will shed some light on this issue. I'll include the backend log in if needed – just need this problem to get resolved.

Regards,
D. Ashley

6 years 8 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi D.,

well, this is vey old topic, please you create new topic so we can focus on it..

thank you!

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński