Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.
ISSUE SUMMARY: When a new user signs up for my site, it is sent to the email account used to set up the website, and not the email address I specified to send them to. Example: Jane Doe signs up, the new user email is sent to the Super Admin (me) email address, not to the email address I put into the JS config. I've searched the entire database in PHPMyAdmin and verified my super user email address is only listed under my user account spots, and no where else. Can you help? Thank you!
STEPS TO REPLICATE:
1. Sign up a new user account
2. Receive administrator "new user" email
RESULT: Administrator "new user" email is sent to only the original super user (me)
EXPECTED RESULT: "New user" email should go to the email address I specified in the JS config
Thank you for contacting us.
There is no option to send new user notification to set in JomSocial.
You probably mean "Send Notification Emails to " in Backend -> Components -> JomSocial -> Configuration -> Site
This email is used to receive user reports... when they notice abuse in community content.
New user notification emails are send by Joomla! to Super Users only - when you edit a SU account you may see " Receive System Emails
". This option is responsible to send new user notifications. If you want to receive them under different emal than specified in current SU account... just create another SU account with new email.
- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.
- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you