Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Blank screen after upgrading!

7 years 5 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

ISSUE SUMMARY:
I am running Joomla 2.5.28 (latest in Joomla 2x). I installed the iJoomla updater (the one I had was corrupt or something, it didn't work), and then used it to install latest JomSocial. According to the updater, everything installed OK, but now, when I go to Components > * JomSocial, I see nothing but a BLANK screen.

I then attempted to install over the current version using the Extension Manager. However, when I did this, I see the following warning: "JomSocial 2.8.x require minimum Joomla! CMS 2.5.6" However, it ALSO says "[info] Installing component was successful."

Still however, I still only see a blank screen.

I am just trying to get this functional and updated so that I can (finally) start upgrading my entire site to Joomla 3. Please help!

ALSO: Since attempting this upgrade, I can no longer access other areas of the site, such as User Manager > [User Details]

STEPS TO REPLICATE:
1 Installed iJoomla Updater
2 Used it up to update to latest version of JomSocial
RESULT Blank screen
EXPECTED RESULT
BROWSER

Attachments:
7 years 5 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Amy.

I close this thread as duplicate.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński