Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Front page / template problems

7 years 6 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active Socialize Expired

Dear Friends,

I have recently bought the Jomsocial 4.2.5 and installed it under the domain name caliteras.com on my server. I have severall issues on which I need your kind help.

My most important problem is that I can’t anyhow have the front page and other pages like the ones in the demo.jomsocial.com/index.php The colors and page layout is completely different than what I see in Jomcosial demo.

Apart from the above, I need your help with these minor points:

01-How/where to add logo? Can I add a sublogo slogan?
02-How/where to add favicon
03- What are the recommended dimensions for Frontpage picture?
04- How/where to add Google analytics code to track the visitors?

<removed for security reason>

Thanks in advance and looking forward to hearing from you.
Cemal Atila
caliteras.com

7 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Caliteras .

Thank you for contacting us.
JomSocial is a joomla! component what means it needs to be installed in Joomla!.
Also Joomla! needs to have enabled TEMPLATE to be displayed correct. It's shipped by default set of templates e.g Protostar.
So you probably installed JomSocial on Joomla! with default template.
That's why your site looks a bit different than our demo.
Template determines colors of component elements, widths of columns... also display elements like logos and slogans.
So you see, the issue you report here is NOT related with JomSocial as all of them are part of TEMPLATE and Joomla! administration and management.

I'm sorry but we can't help you with your questions as our Technical Support covers only JomSocial related issues and requests.

Only question no. 3 is a little bit related. Frontpage image 1140x469 and you can change it in Backend -> Components -> Theme Designer -> General. Just upload new cover to change default one.

As for the rest of your questions - if you're no to Joomla! you may ask Community to help you at joomla.org/forum.

And last thing - never ever provide your server and site credentials in post. They are public! So everyone could use them and login to your server/site... I advise to change those credentials now.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Caliteras
7 years 6 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active Socialize Expired

Dear Michal,

My issues are all JomSocial RELATED! Because in fact I bought Jomsocial, the Joomla website was just necessary for theJomsocial to run. So my point of focus is Jomsocial, not Joomla. Furthermore, Joomla is installed in my server and Jomsocial is installed on it without problems.

Now, please help me to solve my Jomsocial related problems.

Thanks

Cemal Atila

7 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

HI.

I'm sorry but they are not related with JomSocial.
There is no place to add logo, google tracking code or favicon in JomSocial.
JomSocial is just a one of parts in Joomla!... it's Joomla! extension it can't work without it.
Just take a look where is JomSocial displayed and where logo should be.
The only place wheer JomSocial appears is page content (the same place where articles are displayed... or any other content). Logo is in header because it's part of your template - not any component.
The same goes to google tracking code - it need to be displayed on every page... but JomSocial is not every page just a part of whole. Only one thing is displayed on each page... your template. The same apply to favicon, it needs to be displayed in document header... but JomSocial is displayed as a part of page under body.

It's just you purchased a thruster to your car and ask seler/developer to also paint your car claiming it's part of thruster as you want just thruster... and to use it you needed a car.

So I repeat: you request are not related with JomSocial thus we can't help you.
But I'm sure that community at joomla.org/forum will help you... or you can find what you need in Google:

lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+add+favicon+to+joomla

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński