Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.
Reinstall JomSocial To Correct Issues Without Data Loss?
Can I reinstall JomSocial, directly on top of itself via Joomla Install Manager, to correct files that I believe may have been edited incorrectly? Additionally, will this result in the loss of any data on the site?
Thank you for contacting us.
The best way to do that will be to remove JomSocial completly.
Don't worry, database tables will be untouched. Follow those steps:
0. Make whole site and db backup (Akeeba backup is recommended)
1. Browse to Backend -> Extensions -> Extension Manager -> Manage
2. Search all extensions using filter "com"
3. Uninstall all JomSocial related extensions
4. Search all extensions using filter "jom"
5. Uninstall all JomSocial related extensions
6. Download latest JomSocial package from here:
7. Unzip it
8. Install com_community package via Joomla! installer
9. Follow installation steps
Also make sure that you removed all JomSocial related overrides (if you made any) in:
No user data will be lost ;)
- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.
- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you