Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Email Digest, does it only show publicly posted stream items?

7 years 9 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active iSEO Expired Socialize Expired

ISSUE SUMMARY:
Just checking to see if my understanding is correct, and if so perhaps I should submit a feature request. When I try and generate an email digest preview I get the message "Oops! Something is wrong. It seems there is no new public content in the community." Our network is a private social network at the moment so 99% of the posts are stored to members of the site only. Even if you were to modify the privacy settings (which are sometimes hard to find) we don't actually show the status updates per jomSocial Settings.

So is there no way to have it send out updates shared to members only to current members? It seems since we are sending this message to a member there should be no security reason as to why we then can't share content that people have decided it ok to share with other members. If it can only send out posts that are made publically this new exciting feature will be largely useless for me.

STEPS TO REPLICATE:
1 Go to administrator -> tools -> Email Digest
2 Go to preview tab
3 Select a user who hasn't signed in for 7 days
4 Press Preview Email Digest
RESULT an error pops up saying "Oops! Something is wrong. It seems there is no new public content in the community."

The following user(s) said Thank You: Xristoph Conrad, Victoria
7 years 9 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi John,

I am sorry, on our current code we only generated the public content, and not possible to generate the members only.

but well, we will discuss with with our developer and improve the code and add members only as well.

thank you

7 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I am also having this issue. We have a completely member-based forum where all activity is private. I don't understand why the privacy level of content matters here. If all members of our forum want to see all other members activity then why not? PLEASE think about adding this as a feature to future versions. I wasted a whole day trying to work through my cron jobs settings before I realized why no emails were going out.

7 years 2 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Heather,

Please you create new ticket support via this page www.jomsocial.com/submit-support , and provide me backend, FTP and steps to replicate the issue

thank you

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński