Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Unable to visit People's profile

7 years 11 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I have the kunena forum installed on my website. If I click on somebody's username it takes me to my profile, not theirs. What's going on here?

7 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

Hi.

Thank yu for contacting us.
This is expected as JomSocial integration plugin *by Kunena) is enabled.
If you want to disable it - disable Kunena JomSocial plugin... but you'll lost integration.
You may also create additional link in Kunena menu to allow user to reach his/hers forum profile.

In case of further questions regarding this feature - please, contact with Kunena developer team.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
7 years 10 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I'm not quite sure if you understood my problem. Even if I am on the homepage of Jomsocial and click on somebody's username it takes me straight to my own profile on Jomsocial. Surely the way it works is if I click on somebody's profile I go to their profile, what's the point of it taking me to my own profile? I've been using Jom social for years and this has never worked like this.

7 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

HI.

I apologize - I missed "my" while redirecting to profile.
I've tried to visit your site but it's locked for me: i.prntscr.com/9ae38de6efc14ed682f6949e6f5b3953.png
Could you unlock it for Polish IP?

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

7 years 10 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Please try again

7 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

HI.

I'm sorry but I couldn't replicate your issue.

What I tried;

1. Logged in to your site in Community.
2. Clicked on user name on activity stream
3. I was moved to that particular user profile.
4. Then I browsed to forum and clicked few other users names - each time I was moved to their profiles.
This works in category view and in thread view.

Please, take a look at my video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=rD8diTiUnnA

7 years 10 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Thank you for the video, you have certainly proved that nothing is wrong. For some strange reason I am getting completely different results from this computer. In fact when I am not logged in to my account I am not able to go to anybody's personal page, another words their username is not clickable. I will try a couple of other computers I have to see if the same thing happens.

7 years 10 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

What I don't understand is why I cannot click on the persons username and visit their profile. I've just tried another computer using a different browser and the same thing happens. I'm assuming that you didn't create an account that you were still able to visit members profile?

7 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

HI.

Ah! I tested being logged IN :)
I confirm that when you're logged OUT then Kunena just displays usernames as text - they are not active links.
This "issue" doesn't apply to JomSocial as you may be not logged in and user names will be active.

This means that it's Kunena... and it's rather per design that bug or issue.
Please, contact with Kunena developers. I guess this need only a configuration change ;)

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński