Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Users unable to login after 4.2 upgrade

7 years 11 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Jon
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Licenses:
JomSocial Active Socialize Expired

ISSUE SUMMARY:
many Users unable to login after upgrade to 4.2. Have applied the patch jomsocialredirect_2016-05-09.zip and this has not fixed the problem. The problem happens for users who have a space in their username (and possibly others - but not able to be specific at this stage)

STEPS TO REPLICATE:
1. Attrmpt Login
2.Fails - suggest reset password
3. Reset password - appears succesful
4. Login still fails

RESULT: Unable to access system
EXPECTED RESULT. Access expected
BROWSER. Fireox (possibly others)

7 years 11 months ago
Licenses:

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
7 years 11 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Jon
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

Hi,
have applied the change (it was at line 285 in my system) but I am now getting the error:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected end of file in /home/rhc70s62/public_html/plugins/system/jomsocialredirect/jomsocialredirect.php on line 1
when I try to access the site.
I expect I've messed something up but cannot see what. I made no other changes to the file. I did the editing locally and then loaded it back to the server using filezilla.
Copy of the edited jomsocialredirect.php attached

7 years 11 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Jon
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

I have reverted the live system back to the old jomsocial redirect so it enables me to at least login as the admin. In the folder
/public_html/plugins/system/jomsocialredirect there are now two files: jomsocialredirect.php is the unpatched version that allows me access for some users to the site and the second jomsocialredirect-patched.php which is the version with the patch in it that caused the site to block all access.

7 years 11 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Jon
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:

I may now have fixed the immediate problem. I have re-applied the updated jonsocialredirect plugin from #160702 and I am now able to login from my local user ids. I will monitor whether other users are having any problems and possibly re-raise a problem report if problems persist.
Many thanks for the help

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński