Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

after upgrading to 4.1.6 inbox shows only new messages

8 years 1 week ago
Licenses:

Hi, Tomas.

Hmmm... i.imgur.com/9BuCh2e.png
I get 404... what is correct url to that test site? Maybe you skipped folder name?
FTP however works fine...

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
8 years 1 week ago
    Topic Author
  • Tomas
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Try without https

Attachments:
8 years 1 week ago
Licenses:

Hi, Tomas.

I get in... but was unable to find the fault.
I assign developer to this thread.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tomas
8 years 1 week ago
Licenses:

Hi,

I need user login detail who had that empty inbox.
for the inbox query, jomsocial read community_msg_recepient table first. e.g:

SELECT MAX(b.`id`) AS `bid` FROM `#__community_msg_recepient` as a, `#__community_msg` as b WHERE (a.`to` = '644') AND b.`id` = a.`msg_id` AND (a.`deleted`='0' || (a.`deleted`='1' && b.from =644)) AND (b.`deleted`='0' || (b.`deleted`='1' && b.from !=644)) GROUP BY b.`parent`

SELECT b.`id`, b.`from`, b.`parent`, b.`from_name`, b.`posted_on`, b.`subject`, a.`to` FROM `#__community_msg` as b, `#__community_msg_recepient` as a WHERE b.`id` in (5,6,7,8) AND b.`id` = a.`msg_id` AND (a.`deleted`='0' || (a.`deleted`='1' && b.from =644)) AND (b.`deleted`='0' || (b.`deleted`='1' && b.from !=644)) ORDER BY b.`posted_on` DESC 

and please make sure that message not containing emoji icons

Regards

8 years 1 week ago
    Topic Author
  • Tomas
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I notice you deleted the tables so I have restored the database.
Added new info in Misc Information at the start of this thread.

2 users are known to have the inbox problem. I have set both passwords to 123456 (also listed in Misc Information)

8 years 1 week ago
Licenses:

Hi,

please give me time for this.
your test site backend its hard to access, extremely slow

Regards

8 years 1 week ago
Licenses:

Hi,

that user having much of messages,about 200 emails.
can we delete old message, maybe 3 months ago+ ?

Regards

The following user(s) said Thank You: Tomas
8 years 1 week ago
    Topic Author
  • Tomas
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Well, deleting would not solve the bug and we can't delete them on the live site, but since this is a copy you can do whatever you like in order to find the bug (or corrupted message, if that is the bug). I had thought about deleting the first or second half of the messages (not the parent) to see by reduction if one of the messages is breaking the code.

If there is one message breaking it with some combination of characters, then you should find it and make a patch to account for that situation in the source code.

I already exported all the users messages and cleaned the sql for double backquotes, then imported them back into PMA.

You could also delete the messages in increments, maybe 10 at a time, and see if at some point it starts working...

So... do whatever you like with the copy site, but I really hope you can find out why it is breaking the thread so I can get it fixed on the live site.

8 years 1 week ago
Licenses:

Hi,

I found some issue. not sure why the message content look like this:

{"content":"{\"content\":\"Jeg kan ikke forstå hvorfor han er så skiftende. Jeg føler mig så magtesløs :'( Når jeg læser din besked får det faktisk mine tårer til at trille igen. For jeg synes virkelig at det du siger er pænt, men kan ikke tro på det. Jeg har svært ved at tro på folk når de roser mig eller siger pæne ting til og om mig. Mit selvbilled er virkelig negativt og ødelagt. Jeg tror ikke på mig selv.\nForsøgte dog at se noget af en film, men det kunne jeg ikke. Vælger at gå i seng nu, så kan det jo være at dagen i morgen hurtigere kommer så jeg kan få fat på ham. Vil prøve at ringe til ham i min pause, men igen, tror ikke at han vil tage den. Ved ikke hvad jeg skal gøre hvis det sker... \nDen eneste trøst jeg kan finde lige nu er jo at gøre skade. At få mine følelser og smerte ud på den måde. Hver gang jeg skal gøre skade på mig selv i sådan en form er det altid om aftenen når jeg går i seng. Det er der smerterne er værst og der jeg finder lindring ved at cutte.\n\nJeg hader virkelig at jeg elsker ham så højt som jeg gør :'( <\/3 føler virkelig at ham er den rette for mig. Ham jeg skal være sammen med. Så det gør så ondt at vide at han ikke er hos mig :'(\"}"}
it should be like this
{"content":"Jeg kan ikke forstå hvorfor han er så skiftende. Jeg føler mig så magtesløs :'( Når jeg læser din besked får det faktisk mine tårer til at trille igen. For jeg synes virkelig at det du siger er pænt, men kan ikke tro på det. Jeg har svært ved at tro på folk når de roser mig eller siger pæne ting til og om mig. Mit selvbilled er virkelig negativt og ødelagt. Jeg tror ikke på mig selv.\nForsøgte dog at se noget af en film, men det kunne jeg ikke. Vælger at gå i seng nu, så kan det jo være at dagen i morgen hurtigere kommer så jeg kan få fat på ham. Vil prøve at ringe til ham i min pause, men igen, tror ikke at han vil tage den. Ved ikke hvad jeg skal gøre hvis det sker... \nDen eneste trøst jeg kan finde lige nu er jo at gøre skade. At få mine følelser og smerte ud på den måde. Hver gang jeg skal gøre skade på mig selv i sådan en form er det altid om aftenen når jeg går i seng. Det er der smerterne er værst og der jeg finder lindring ved at cutte.\n\nJeg hader virkelig at jeg elsker ham så højt som jeg gør føler virkelig at ham er den rette for mig. Ham jeg skal være sammen med. Så det gør så ondt at vide at han ikke er hos mig :'("}

do you import old message manually ?

FYI: i'm using Ginger account to inspect this issue

Regards

8 years 1 week ago
    Topic Author
  • Tomas
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

That is weird, There was not a double {content} before...
Here is a screenshot from when I removed the records, edited and imported again... I notice there is some emojis in it at the end...

I can see that all the messages are coming now on the mirror site.. did you modify the code?

I can clear out the mysterious extra content, but would rather wait untill I know that it is what is needed.

Attachments:
8 years 1 week ago
Licenses:

Hi,

I did not modify any code. I'm sure the issue only with message content.

Regards

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński