Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

after upgrading to 4.1.6 inbox shows only new messages

8 years 1 week ago
    Topic Author
  • Tomas
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

i may have logged you out since I got logged out and logged back in..

8 years 1 week ago
    Topic Author
  • Tomas
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

i set BrokenAnqel to the same pass testkode1 (notice it is Q in Anqel)
Her inbox has the same problem but only with this thread. Other threads seem fine and also load the previous messages.

Could something in the content be breaking the code?

8 years 1 week ago
    Topic Author
  • Tomas
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I did an export of the thread to sql... and notice there are some double backslash. Could that be the problem? I can easily replace them, delete the messages and reinsert from sql. Still if would be good to find out how they became that way as that would be an actual bug in jomsocial.

Example:
(321187, 52709, 321150, 0, 'Katja', '2015-11-15 22:06:12', 'RE:Hej', '{"content":"Hej.\\nJa, det ville være rart i hvert fald. \\nJeg aner ikke hvad jeg skal stille op med mig selv.. \\nGår rundt og tænker på det hver dag og er konstant ked af det... Jeg har virkelig ikke andre omkring mig end ham...\\n:\'("}'),

8 years 1 week ago
Licenses:

Hi, Tomas.

This become interesting now.
I took a look into Ginger's inbox.
Yes, message seems to be empty and showing previous messages doesn't load anything.
But I've checked code and all messages are there: i.imgur.com/gMcdOje.png
They are just hidden (Show more button reveals them... when it works correctly)
So all messages in that "thread" are present but just doesn't load - that's one issue.

Are - in your backup copy - other, older messages from other threads? this would be second issue.

So messages are lost or inbox has malfunction with certain "thread". That's why you need to check old database - to indicate if something was lost. Because now it seems that inbox has issue, not db.

I would try to check if issue persist also under other template... but it seems that you don't have any Joomla! default template. Could you restore it? It may be content issue... or script issue (no error in console but we may try it under other template... just a try).

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
8 years 1 week ago
    Topic Author
  • Tomas
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Great!

I don't have any backup older than April 5, and I updated jomsocial on March 29. There were no issues until i was made aware of this one. So we can't compare.. but I don't think jomsocial has deleted any messages.

Can you see why they are not being set to visible - and how can we get the show button to work in this thread.?

I will install Beez3 template from latest joomla and try it for a short moment to see if the error persists. I have already deactivated the css and other overrides for jomsocial in the current template.

8 years 1 week ago
    Topic Author
  • Tomas
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Tried Beez3, it was the same. Set it back since the site is live!

Please help me fix the Show previous button!

Attachments:
8 years 1 week ago
    Topic Author
  • Tomas
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Tried Beez3, it was the same. Set it back since the site is live!

Please help me fix the Show previous button!

There must be a difference between the threads.. in BrokenAnqel there are threads where the button works.. maybe you can compare those?

Attachments:
8 years 1 week ago
Licenses:

Hi, Tomas.

We're closer to solution. It seems that this particular message thread contains something that cause script failure.
Is it possible to make functional copy of whole site on your server to investigate it further?
Now we share this account with active user... so you must change pass back and forth.
Set a copy and provide us permanent access.

Then I'll check each message step by step.
This issue may need to involve developer... so it may take a bit time. I ask for your patience. We need to get to the bottom of this issue.

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

8 years 1 week ago
    Topic Author
  • Tomas
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Ok, I will make a copy of the site and update the details in the beginning of the post.

8 years 1 week ago
    Topic Author
  • Tomas
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I set up a copy of the site on mirror.mediamax.dk with separate db (see first post for access)

The live site is https and the dev site is not.. this is causing me trouble...
The problem is that I can't get it to ignore https... I have tried changing the .htaccess file but did not succeed. Maybe your developer can spot the error and gain access.

8 years 1 week ago
Licenses:

Hi, Tomas.

Https should be not a problem as it's enough to add a security exception in browser.
So when I accessed site it looks like this: i.imgur.com/txFfnEn.png
And backend: i.imgur.com/oDwZsHe.png

8 years 1 week ago
    Topic Author
  • Tomas
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I know, that was what I get also... but try this link: mirror.mediamax.dk/index.html

The sub domain is resolving fine, and I expect you will also see the plain testpage...

Problem is with joomla somehow set up for https, And I can't figure out how to fix that :(

On the Live site the https part has a separate IP address, that is why I moved everything to another server and domain to avoid this issue which I was also getting on dev.girltalk.dk.

I could do a clean install of joomla and connect it with the copy database, but that would most likely remove the original bug and be good for nothing.

Anyway, you have FTP and MySql access and the subdomain resolves, so maybe you can ask among the developers if anyone has a clue what to do?

Attachments:
8 years 1 week ago
Licenses:

Hi, Tomas.

This id fine: i.imgur.com/mOWIP9L.png

Check if in Joomla! global configuration you have set i.imgur.com/4g0yJJW.png

8 years 1 week ago
    Topic Author
  • Tomas
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

BINGO! thank you.

i set force ssl = 0 in configuration.php and now it works :-)

go ahead and debug!

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński