Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

"What is on your mind" discussion settings.

8 years 7 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active iSEO Expired Socialize Expired

Using JomSocial 4.0.9 and Joomla 3.4.3

What setting(s) can I enable for my members (Privacy Settings) when they post a discussion (What is is on your mind?) so it is visible on the home feed to all the members of my community regardless if they are friends or not. At this time, these discussions are only visible if the members are friends.

I appreciate any information on this.

Thanks,

Franklin

8 years 7 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi,

Do you mean disucssion on group? You can set your group as private, so no one can access it except the members, and this discussion is not related with friends or not friends.

thank you

8 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

Dimas,

What I mean is under the "My Page" - Say What is in your mind section. Whenever I post something, I want my message to go to all site members as the default regardless if they are my friends or not. I also would like the option to post something for my friends only. I see the option is there but it is not working.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Franklin

8 years 7 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi,

Do you mean privacy when you post the status? If you wanna set default "public" you should edit the privacy each user, but you can reset it from backend privacy configuration, set "Profile Privacy" To Public, and Reset the existing user's privacy.

I hope it will help.

thank you

8 years 6 months ago
Licenses:

Yes it did help.

Thank You.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński