Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Intermittent internal error after upgrading to 4.0.9

8 years 7 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

ISSUE SUMMARY:
I have just upgraded my site to Joomla 3.4.3 and JomSocial 4.0.9, and I am getting an intermittent internal server error when I got to the JomSocial profile.

STEPS TO REPLICATE:
1 Login to ceoforum1.org
2 Scroll down to Community Profile on home page and click on Profile Home
3 The error is intermittent, it will eventually occur if you click around on the options
4 Profile menu is also messed up....alll scrunched together...have another ticket open for that
RESULT Internal server error ... invalid configuration
EXPECTED RESULT User profile
BROWSER Firefox

**Update: Going into backend of JomSocial...can't even get into any of the configuration options. Server just hangs and finally times out with the internal error. Turned on max errors and got the following:
Trying to get property of non-object in /home/ceoforum1/public_html/administrator/components/com_community/community.php on line 194

Attachments:
8 years 7 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi,

I just checked your site, and seems everything working fine..

thank you

8 years 7 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

If you login to the backend and click "Configuration" and choose any of the options underneath, it crashes with an internal error or page not found. We replaced the .htaccess, which may have resolved the internal error, but still goes to page not found.

8 years 7 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Ah I see, it can be caused by htaccess, if you dont mind, can you change the htaccess with the original htaccess from joomla, please?

8 years 7 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I mentioned above that we already replaced the htaccess with original joomla one. It resolved the internal error, but the page not found still occurs when any of the configuration options is chosen.

Update: we are actually not getting a page not found error, we are getting..."The page that you are trying to view is unavailable. Your member type may not have permission to access this page. Please click the BACK button to return to the previous page." I am logged in a super user.

8 years 7 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi,

I just test this, and seems fine.. also I can save the configuration as well.

thank you

Attachments:
8 years 7 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Something has changed since last night. EVerything is running much faster and it is working correctly. Does it take a while for the .htaccess changes to take effect? It is great now, but was not working as of 24 hours ago.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński