Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Several issues with my JomSocial installation

8 years 8 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Ollie
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi there!

I'm currently experiencing some wild issues with my JomSocial installation. I've just upgraded to the latest version, although it didn't change anything about the issues (which were already present with the former version).

Here's what's going on:
Errant menu creation
1) Although most of JomSocial shows in my local language, the back end part is in English. Which doesn't bother me. But I'm not quite sure that's the way it should be.

2) When setting up a menu "Show all Events", it is shown as "Create Event" after a save, although the URL link is correct (and it's actually events that are shown in frontend with the corresponding menu, not the creation site).

3) In the menu back-end, link is shown as ★ JomSocial . I guess that's the character code for the menu? Not sure if that's the way it is supposed to be.

Many Errors shown in log

I get the following PHP warnings on my server log:

4) Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /mywebsite/www/modules/mod_community_members/tmpl/default.php on line 16

5) Undefined index: option in /mywebsite/www/components/com_content/views/category/view.html.php on line 272, referer: www.referringpage

6) [error] PHP Notice: Undefined index: option in /mywebsite/www/components/com_content/views/category/view.html.php on line 277, referer: www.referringpage

7) [error] PHP Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /mywebsite/www/modules/mod_community_members/mod_community_members.php on line 33

8) [error] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: htmlFilters in /mywebsite/www/modules/mod_community_members/tmpl/default.php on line 16

I know I could turn error logging off in the backend, but pretty sure that's not the way how it's supposed to work.

Any clues what's going on here? Any input is much appreciated ...

Olli

8 years 8 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi,

1. Seems your germany language already outdated, I suggest you upgrade it www.jomsocial.com/translations/translations/de-DE
2. Please avoid it, I am not sure why joomla menu item is showing "Create Event", seems this is Joomla issue
3. I dont see that weird chars, fine here

The warning error will be fixed in next release.

thank you

Attachments:
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński