Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

moving JS data to a fresh install

8 years 11 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Colin
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

ISSUE SUMMARY:
We are merging a subinstall of joomla with JS + data into the main installation with a fresh JS install. To transfer the subinstall data, users, images etc. Can I just copy the database tables over?

8 years 11 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi,

Yes, you only need to copy the database, but you should copy all tables on your joomla database

8 years 11 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Colin
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Dimas,

Problem with copying all joomla tables is that they already have different data in them. ie our site is a canada travel guide. what we are doing is merging a province into the main site, so main site already has joomla data. I was going to backup the database and test importing the JS tables, but am not sure how the users will work, as the same users on the destination site have different ids, ... so could I just go into the JS tables and change the user ID's before importing? Or...

8 years 11 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Colin,

I see, it bit hard.. because when you merge it, it can be you will get conflict Id User, no another way.. I suggest you hire the 3rd party developer for this one.

thank you

8 years 11 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Colin
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

What about just moving users?
I have exported the user csv, changed the user ids to match on the new site, but dont see a csv import anywhere?

C

8 years 11 months ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Colin,

We dont have CSV import feature.. If you want you can import database user from phpmyadmin, you only need export import table #__users and #__community_users, but like I said before, the conflict user ID can be happen,.

thank you

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński