Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Community running super slow

9 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Wasim
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I'm sorry but that is not a solution. On my site, your software out of the box takes over 20 seconds to load - an unacceptable amount of time for anyone to have to wait.

I have shown you the problem is to do with the fact you are saving to the database every single user, every single time you retrieve their user object. To me this is extremely inefficient, especially if all you're doing is getting someone's avatar to display in the "Members" or "Who's Online" box. And especially as you're getting hundreds of users in one go on the community page.

I don't know why it's so different on my site than your site but it is, and advising I install another component is not the solution.

9 years 1 month ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi,

Please you dont remove that code, it need take some times for making it faster, once all user already stored to the cache system it will be faster then.

cheers

9 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Wasim
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I have a very busy site with lots of users I can't afford to have the profiles/community running that slow. Wouldn't it be better to have that code run once to fix all users rather than every time a user is retrieved?

I did actually have that code in there for at least 2 days before I identified the issue and it still didn't speed up in those 2 days, so I'm not sure how keeping it in there will actually help. And with that in mind it would make sense that if you loaded the page slowly once, on the second page load (being that it's loading exactly the same users in the activity feed) it would run faster. This is not the case.

The biggest DB killers were inserting/deleting from the #__user_usergroup_map table. I don't understand why this has to be done every time you retrieve the user, why can't it be done once to the fix the user groups and that's it. I'm assuming your community is running fast because you did just that. Couldn't fixing the user groups just be done at the upgrade stage instead of sacrificing performance?

9 years 4 weeks ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Would you mind provide me the FTP and phpmyadmin access, please? we will try to fix it.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński