Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Community running super slow

9 years 6 days ago
    Topic Author
  • Wasim
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

The community and profiles are running really slow on the site even though caching is enabled. It doesn't load slow on my local host development machine, just the live site.

And I'm also getting loads of console errors:

components/com_community/assets/release/js/loader.js:1 Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token ILLEGAL
community:887 Uncaught ReferenceError: joms is not defined
community:1636 Uncaught ReferenceError: joms is not defined
community:2008 Uncaught ReferenceError: joms is not defined

Please can you take a look

9 years 6 days ago
Licenses:

Hi.

There is something wrong with your site.
When I try to login in backend using credentials you provided , I'm redirected to URL:

administrator/index.php?Itemid=183&task=activate_account&reguser=71390

And still get admin login interface.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
9 years 6 days ago
    Topic Author
  • Wasim
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Thanks for the quick reply. Sorry about that, forgot to activate the account. Please try now.

9 years 6 days ago
    Topic Author
  • Wasim
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I think it's something to do with the avatars because the Forum is very slow as well and it loads JomSocial avatars. I disabled JomSocial integration with the forum and it loads fine.

9 years 6 days ago
Licenses:

Hi.

But I need SU access.. I can't enable debugging in Joomla! without it.

- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

9 years 6 days ago
    Topic Author
  • Wasim
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Ok I've given you SU but you can't debug the community, it runs out of memory every time. Even on my local machine it runs out of memory and the memory_limit is 2048M.

Please also note I have a very busy site so I don't really want debug information displayed to everyone. Is there a way only you can view it?

9 years 6 days ago
Licenses:

Hi.

Well... not really. It will be quite hard to debug it without Joomla! debug tools.

I assign developer to this thread.

9 years 5 days ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

HI,

I just test it and I think your site is really great, quite fast for me and good design of course :)

thank you

9 years 5 days ago
    Topic Author
  • Wasim
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Thanks glad you like the site :)

The community homepage is much fast now because I removed the Who's Online, Members, Videos, Groups modules and just left Photos. It's still quite slow as it loads in about 7 seconds. When all the modules are visible is loads in about 20-30 seconds.

I know it has to do with the way the system generates avatars. I think it's going in and getting an entire user just so that it can return the avatar. And considering there's maybe up to 100 avatars on the page at one time, this is really resource intensive. That's why removing all those modules has sped things up because it has far far less avatars to retrieve.

What I don't understand is that your community on your website has just as many avatars so why is your system so much quicker at loading than mine?

Also on the Kunena forum, it used to take about 20 to load a page because of JomSocial. I disabled the JomSocial integration plugin and the forum loads super fast.

Is there anything we can do about this?

9 years 4 days ago
    Topic Author
  • Wasim
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

FYI I found the culprit.

com_community/libraries/user.php - line 277

Every time you're getting the CUser object, you're also saving immediately to the DB. The biggest time consuming sql statements are deleting/inserting into the #__user_usergroup_map table. As soon as I commented out the $this->save() call - everything is running fast. What are the implications of me removing this save call and why it it causing such a load on the DB?

9 years 4 days ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

I will ask the senior developer for this one..

thank you

9 years 3 days ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

please you try open this file components/com_community/libraries/user.php, add this code after line 1058 :

if($this->_params->get('update_cache_list') != $jUser->_params->get('update_cache_list')){
            $jUser->setParam('update_cache_list',1);
        }

I hope it will much faster

9 years 2 days ago
    Topic Author
  • Wasim
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Thanks for the help. Unfortunately this didn't speed it up at all. Same slow speed so I have resorted back to commenting out the ->save()

9 years 2 days ago
  • Dimas
  • Visitor
Licenses:

I suggest you also install cache component for helping make it faster, you can search it from joomla extenstion site.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński