Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

I cannot believe you keep taking away features!

9 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Dennis
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I read that we now have this crap editor for events. If you wanted to offer a "safer" editor, then why not make it an option? I cannot go in and edit every single event in the backend after I create a reoccurring event. It seems that every time you come out with a new release, you add some great things and then take away something very important.

Do you not have a UX developer that thinks through the eyes of your customers?

I will have thousands and thousands of event listings, think about how we used to be able to create them:

Create the event once and make it reoccurring each week for a year. While creating it, we add the flyer for the party and hit done.

Now, create the event and go to the backend and add the graphic 52 times.

Do you have time for that? I know I sure don't.

9 years 1 month ago
  • Paul
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Dennis,

I have posted your question to our development team and am waiting for their response

9 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active GURU Active Publisher Active AdAgency Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hello Dennis

I am really sorry that you feel this way, but let me assure you we do not remove features just like that.
The editor is not "removed" feature it is "replaced" feature.
Editors of Joomla that you could use before are made for Joomla articles and Joomla blog components, and these components are built to support them as well.
JomSocial text areas are not articles, and are not blogs either, and therefore, supporting full blown text editor into plain <textarea> field is just crazy. Add up on that variety of different available editors on the market and you got a simply unsustainable environment for both, support and development.

Therefore, we built in our own editor, which is far from being crap as you say.
For the beginning, we wanted to make things simple and allow only basic tags to be used with minimum distraction to the description content, but if you need images, sure we can easily enable images in it.
They will be there in Jomsocial 4.0.2

- Don't say feature not working. Instead, explain what you tried and what was the outcome.
- When you think you found the bug, try to replicate it on a fresh Joomla.
- When looking for support always provide temporary Super Administrative access to your site. We will ask for it anyway.
- Help yourself and read documentation which can give you answers to almost all questions you may have
9 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Dennis
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Good to hear that it is coming in the next release, that would be very helpful.

There is another feature missing that I have found. Previously, if we made a mistake adding a reoccurring event or the event changed, we could edit it and have it change all the future events also.

Now, we would need to go in the backend and delete all the events and then recreate them all.

Since you are nice enough to listen to my complaining, I feel I should share some good things too! The notification module, the hello me module and the new video page are excellent!

9 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Dennis
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Bump

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński