Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Member Passwords Lost in Migration

9 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Gene
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hello,

In migrating from Jomsocial 3.1 to 3.2, I have noticed that a certain amount of users are unable to log into our community. It's my belief that their passwords were somehow lost in the transition. Resetting their password corrects the issue, but I would rather not have to reset each member's password as these requests come in.

Is there a certain table in the db that has this information? Please let me know if there's an easier way to accomplish this.

Thanks,
Gene

9 years 3 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Gene,

jomsocial is running under joomla. for user login jomsocial using joomla it self. username + password stored at table:
(prefix)_users
the password is encrypted by joomla. for security reason we cant decrypt it (prevent by joomla it self).

it really strange if some users cant login, becuase users table is untouched at upgrade process.

or any 3rd party extensions related with jomsocial? I need your backend (administrator) access detail.
please edit your first post at this topic and put any credentials information at site info form. you current site info is not valid.

Regards

The following user(s) said Thank You: Gene
9 years 3 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Gene
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Albertus,

Thanks for the quick response. I was not only upgrading Jomsocial, but also Joomla and moving both platforms into a new environment. While the users table was duplicated in the new environment, for some reason it did not carry over a majority of those encrypted passwords (however it did bring over everything else in that table, go figure.)

I have since updated the users table in the live environment with those encrypted passwords, so hopefully the issue is now resolved.

Thanks,
Gene

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński