Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

iJoomla Installer error "ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE"

9 years 7 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired GURU Expired iSEO Expired Socialize Expired

Installed a blank Joomla 3.3.3, I went ahead and began to install iJoomla "iJoomla-Installer-Updater.zp" and I get error message "Error code: ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE".

Attachments:
9 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Francisco.

This is your browser error: lmgtfy.com/?q=ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE :D

Searching in Google you'll find this: vimeo.com/60824619

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
9 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Michal,

The error is happening with every browser not just Chrome. I did go through the steps to clean out browser cache and cookies. It still giving the same error. I have a brand new Joomla 3.2 running on IIS 7.

9 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Francisco.

Yes, that could be... nevertheless it's not JomSocial issue but rather server/connection/browser issue.
Please, read further in Google and also ask your hosting provider for assistance.

I can't test that on your site as I can't reach your site backend: prntscr.com/4m22xu

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
9 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

JomSocial, can I please get another support tech willing to make a true effort in helping out. I just bought this product and can't get it working. I'm able to install all other modules, and plug ins to my Joomla site, except for Jomsocial plugin. Last tech stated he couldn't reach Admin site, i'm able to reach the admin site from any internet connection as shown in attachment.

I don't mind having to reinstall Joomla site again, I just need some guidance on what could be causing the Jomsocial module from timing out on install or other possible issues I could check. Like I said earlier, all other modules and plugin install just fine.

Can I install the module manually?

Attachments:
9 years 7 months ago
  • Paul
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Francisco,

I'm sorry you are having issues installing Jomsocial. Firstly you can manually install all our products without the ijoomla installer. If you go to the My downloads page in your jomsocial account > download the package as a zip file then unzip and install it as a normal joomla package. The ijoomla install is not required at all.

In regards to why it isn't working for you, This could be because it is having trouble looking up the domain you are trying to install it on. I can see your screen shot and i have visited the exact URL and all i get is 404 page not found and if i go to the site front end all i see is 403 forbidden. Is there any kind restrictions place on that domain? I also asked many of our team members that work all around the world to try and they get the same result. If you can check and make it accessible then we are more than happy to look at it for you.

In the meantime please install the product manual using the ijoomla installer

Please let me know how you get on

9 years 7 months ago
Licenses:

Paul, thank you for your quick response. I submitted a request to change my support domain, and I believe that was the reason the url did not work. The domain that works is the following.

snsportal.sitnsleep.com

Can you take a look at it?

Regards,
Cisco

9 years 7 months ago
  • Paul
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Francisco,

I have logged into this site and there was no ijoomla installer, when i did the install it uploads the file then gets caught in a loop, then shows a no data received error. it appears that there is a server mis configuration. If it is not possible to install a standard joomla component on the site then this issue needs looking before you proceed with other components. I also notice that the front end of the site is showing an IIS server page and not the Joomla site.

FYI, how the installer works is it looks for the main domain so if you add mysite.com into the installed domains then it will aslo see paul.mysite.com or mysite.com/paul as valid installed domains

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński