Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Broken Menu Item after upgrades

9 years 10 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Steve
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 10
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Every time I upgrade to the latest version (even minor revisions) of Jomsocial my existing Jomsocial homepage menu item gets broken. It replaces the existing URL of:

www.karaokeacrossamerica.com/kaa-community

with this URL:

www.karaokeacrossamerica.com/?Itemid=257

In the back end I get a message that says "COM_COMMUNITY does not exist" or something to that effect. I am able to fix it simply by logging into the back end, going into menu manager and re-selecting the correct Jomsocial "home" option then saving the menu item. However, it is highly annoying. It has happened at least the last 3-4 upgrades.

I think my problem is similar to this thread, but I didn't want to hijack it:

www.jomsocial.com/forum/installation/181...xist-in-menu-manager

Thanks!

9 years 9 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Steve,

I think your issue already fixed right? I just checked this and linked to the correct URL.

if you get this similiar issue, you need re-save each Jomsocial menu items on Joomla Menu manager.

thank you

9 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Steve
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Dimas Tekad Santosa wrote: Hi Steve,

I think your issue already fixed right? I just checked this and linked to the correct URL.

if you get this similiar issue, you need re-save each Jomsocial menu items on Joomla Menu manager.

thank you

Yes, I fixed the link by performing the procedure I mentioned above. I can't leave my site broken for users.

Are you saying that this is EXPECTED to do this after a minor update?

9 years 9 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Steve,

our developer already added this as our valid bug, but yes, let we see in next release.. i think it will be fixed ;)

thank you

9 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Steve
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Thank you. Forgot to mention that it also crates a funny menu description as you can see here:

Attachment Capture_2014-07-17.JPG not found

Attachments:
9 years 9 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Steve,

That is just minor issue, wont effect to your site, seems that caused the UTF format.. the developer will check it later.

thank you

9 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Steve
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

That is just minor issue, wont effect to your site, seems that caused the UTF format.. the developer will check it later.

thank you

So you know, earlier in this thread you said "yes, let we see in next release.. i think it will be fixed". Yesterday I installed the v3.2.1.1 update from a few days ago, but still have both issues in this thread.

9 years 9 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Steve,

I think the dev forgot fix this issue, I already bump the developer for this matter.

thank you

9 years 9 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Our Project Manager said, this is not a bug, that code is "star" icon, because Joomla can't parse it so you will see the weird char there, but the "star" icon is showing fine in your component menu in J3.3

9 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Steve
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Dimas Tekad Santosa wrote: Our Project Manager said, this is not a bug, that code is "star" icon, because Joomla can't parse it so you will see the weird char there, but the "star" icon is showing fine in your component menu in J3.3

That's great, but the menu is still broken every time I upgrade.

Is it related to that cutesy thing where Jomsocial gets moved to the top of the menu instead of under "J" alphabetically like the rest of my extensions are? Personally, I don't care about Jomsocial being at the top of the menu. I care about it working.

9 years 9 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Steve,

Regarding broken menu after update the developer already working on this for stable fix, but everything should work fine, nothing wrong with the weird char in Jomsocial menu ;)

If everything is ok, I wanna mark as resolved for this topic.

thank you

9 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Steve
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Regarding broken menu after update the developer already working on this for stable fix, but everything should work fine, nothing wrong with the weird char in Jomsocial menu ;)

If everything is ok, I wanna mark as resolved for this topic.

thank you

Shouldn't it be marked as resolved AFTER the fix is in place? I don't mean the weird characters. I mean the broken menu item with every upgrade. That fix was supposed to be rolled out with the LAST update and wasn't.

I understand that mistakes happen, but you are asking if I think it's OK to mark it as solved so I'm sharing my thoughts on it. I can't control what you do of course.....;)

9 years 9 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

well, I wanna make sure your menu won't broken again for next upgrading, if still exist I will "kill" the developer then ;)

9 years 9 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Steve
  • Junior Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Dimas Tekad Santosa wrote: well, I wanna make sure your menu won't broken again for next upgrading, if still exist I will "kill" the developer then ;)

Well, I know how to fix it in this case. Some problems I don't know how to fix. My concern is for improvement of the product.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński