Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Need assistance changing 'Join Us' button from transparent

9 years 10 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I've create an override file that's not working within: [root]/templates/evcon/html/com_community/templates/default/css/style.css using:

@import url("../../../../../components/com_community/templates/default/css/style.css");
/* Add overrides bellow */
#community-wrap .btn-primary {
color: #fff;
text-shadow: 0 -1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.25);
background-color: #65a9d7;
background-image: -moz-linear-gradient(top,#3e779d,#65a9d7);
background-image: -webkit-gradient(linear,0 0,0 100%,from(#3e779d),to(#65a9d7));
background-image: -webkit-linear-gradient(top,#3e779d,#65a9d7);
background-image: -o-linear-gradient(top,#3e779d,#65a9d7);
background-image: linear-gradient(to bottom,#3e779d,#65a9d7);
background-repeat: repeat-x;
filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient(startColorstr='#ff0088cc',endColorstr='#ff0044cc',GradientType=0);
border-color: #65a9d7 #65a9d7 #009930;
border-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.1) rgba(0,0,0,0.1) rgba(0,0,0,0.25);
filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient(enabled = false);
}

9 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Theodore,

to override CSS you must do it from your template CSS. put that new CSS rules at this file:
[website]/templates/system/css/general.css

if still not work, please provide me FTP access detail and Admistrator access detail. seem your administratos access detail not valid. I can't login.

FYI: put any credential information at Site Info Form by editing yout first post at this topic.

Reagads,
Albert

The following user(s) said Thank You: Theodore
9 years 10 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hello, I've updated access details. I'm still experiencing problem after changes to general.css file. I also need assistance with css perhaps to understand why the purple box in screenshot is not functional.

Attachments:
9 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Teodore,

I cant loging to you administrator, got this message: "You are a spammer, hacker or an otherwise bad person."
my IP: 223.164.64.241
I think your security blocked my access.

Regards,
Albert

9 years 10 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi Albertus,

If you're using same IP all is clear, if not, send email to me heads up prior to logging in.

Regards

9 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Theodore,

seem your template CSS many overlapping each other. I already made the fixes for button.
file /templates/evcon/css/template.css i put:

#activity-stream-container .joms-stream-options button {
  background: none repeat scroll 0 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0) !important;
  color: #B2B2B2 !important;
}

Regards,
Albert

9 years 10 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi Albertus,

Thanks for your assist. I can see effect of changes where option buttons background color are changed and aligned.

Did you notice that none of the option buttons present their dropdown elements?

I'm also looking for location within general.css which will change 'Join us' button background on hero picture.

Thanks

9 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Theodore,

I can't logged in to your website. seem your administrator access detail not valid any more.

About "Join Us" button, your CSS template too much using !important in general rules. This is a bad way, because it will force non !important rules to be ignored.

Because that you I suggest you to make new rules at /templates/evcon/css/template.css
I already made the CSS for 'join us'

.hero-area-wrapper .btn {
  background-color: #006DCC !important;
}

because your template already using !important, the new rule must using it also.

here the video about how to inspect CSS rules:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZIO8EKcfLI

Regards,
Albert

9 years 10 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi Albertus,

The website is now migrated to top domain name, credentials are the same.

After traversing the inspector for hours on end searching for an answer, I agree, there are many !important rules.

Have you determined why button dropdown toggles do not have values? I'm unsure if button dropdown toggles are the preferred names, in the attachment, I'm referring to white gear widget on the right and the purple rectangle. In both instances, dropdown options (data values) are missing. You must be logged in as jomsocial member to see these dropdowns.

Thanks again

Attachments:
9 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Theodore,

Your template CSS hurts jomsocial CSS a lot. here the CSS for privacy button fixes:

put at /templates/evcon/css/template.css

.joms-stream-privacy .button, button {
  background: none repeat scroll 0 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0) !important;
  color: inherit !important;
  text-shadow: none !important;
  padding: 0;
}

for button dropdown that because javascript from your template, conflict with jomsocial. I suggest you to contact your template support. If they template not support jomsocial version. It will make many problems.

please try this:
- logged in
- run this URL: dicXXXXXXX.com/index.php?option=com_community&template=0
that URL will bypass your template for temporary. without your current template, Jomsocial will run normally.

Regards,
Albert

9 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Theodore,

We have not received any response back from you in over 7 days, and would like to know if you consider this issue to be resolved. If you have any further questions, simply reply to this post.

Regards,
Albert

9 years 10 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hello Albertus,

Sorry for delay. No, I do not consider resolved the issue of button dropdown toggles without option values. From firebug inspection the areas appear to be: jom-postbox-action and jom-stream-options.

9 years 10 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Theodore,

That issue not caused by Jomsocial. But your template it self. Please ask your template support.

Regards,
Albert

9 years 10 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hello Albertus,

I'm willing to bet a dollar that as soon as I mention a css element to the template designer that begins with "jom" the first response I will receive is "not my fault".

Would you please point me to where conflicts in templates are located that would impact jomsocial's option/dropboxes so that I may relay that information to the designer to expedite a resolution?

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński