Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

no custom status option and appear not to recognize admin on the front end.

10 years 1 week ago
    Topic Author
  • Alice
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I have just upgraded to 3.2.0.3 and I am now unable to delete users comments from the front end and I have no option for custom status in order to create and admin notice. It would appear that jomsocial in not recognizing me as admin on the frontend.

10 years 1 week ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired GURU Expired Publisher Expired AdAgency Expired iSEO Expired Socialize Expired

Hi Alice,
I have just replicate the delete process at your site and it works fine.
I have deleted own comment and also users comment.
Is the problem already solved or something else?
Thanks

10 years 1 week ago
    Topic Author
  • Alice
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

I don't know how you did that because I can't get that to work on the front end and probably more importantly I do not have the option for custom status. here is a screenshot of my site when I am logged in.

10 years 1 week ago
    Topic Author
  • Alice
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Am I going to get an answer?

10 years 1 week ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired GURU Expired Publisher Expired AdAgency Expired iSEO Expired Socialize Expired

Hi Alice,
Sorry for delay response.
Actually you will not be able to delete others status that's why you are not seeing the option of delete but if you have your own status then it be possible.
But you can delete any activity from admin panel > components > jomsocial > monitor > activities

I did not get the point about "No custom status option".
According to the given screenshot, I am seeing all options are showing as expected.
Can you explain a bit more which options you are expecting?
Again sorry for being late.
Thanks

10 years 6 days ago
    Topic Author
  • Alice
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Prior to the upgrade I was able to delete user comments from the front end. If I am in the front end and I see something I want to delete I don't want to have to log in to the back end to delete it.

Here is a screenshot from Jomsocial demo video showing the custom status that I am talking about.

10 years 5 days ago
    Topic Author
  • Alice
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Again I must ask am I going to get an answer? it is frustrating enough when I live in Australia and I know that I am going to have to wait a full day for the rest of the world to wake up before I get an answer, but then when I get ignored and have to push the point I have to wait another day. I want this to work the way your demo said it would. I don't want another "near enough is good enough" answer, if you have released this update without all of the features promised then you need to put the features in and release it again. If I am missing a setting then someone who knows what they are talking about needs to answer my question.

10 years 5 days ago
  • Paul
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Alice,

You will be happy to know i am in Sydney, Both these issues were and should be fixed in the current 3.2.03 version but the admin access you have isn't allowing me to access your site

Could you please update this by editing your first post and enable / check the login info.

There is a release coming out either late tonight our time or tomorrow and this version does not have these issue. Please update the access info anyway so i can check the issue locally on your site.

10 years 4 days ago
    Topic Author
  • Alice
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Thank you Paul. I have updated those details, I must have changed the password since I created the post I am running version Version: 3.2.0.3
Alice.

10 years 4 days ago
  • Paul
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Alice,

I will get a developer to look at this today, i have logged in and i can clearly see the faults you are describing

Have a great day

10 years 4 days ago
    Topic Author
  • Alice
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Thank you Paul, that is refreshing. Can you tell the developer that I have tried other templates ie protostar and Beez3 and the problem persists so it is not a template related issue.

10 years 4 days ago
  • Paul
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Alice,

We found that after the 3.2.03 update a very few users had this problem, only around 2 or 3. but when we went to their site the issue had gone. Your site is the first one where we can accurately see the issue. Good for debugging but bad for you. So i will have this checked to see if it is something local on the site or a bug that has slipped into some code . We have tested for this error in 3.2.04 which is coming out any moment now, but i want to make sure we have caught it

I will keep you posted

10 years 4 days ago
  • Paul
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Alice,

Jomsocial 3.2.04 has just been released and is now available from the my Account button www.jomsocial.com/component/digistore/licenses Please update to this version then clear you site cache and it should fix the issues.

Let me know how you get on and have a nice weekend

10 years 11 hours ago
    Topic Author
  • Alice
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

It is all working now thank you Paul. I was wondering though is there a way to get the admin message to stay at the top? and I am not sure if it is my joomla theme or the jomsocial theme but the admin message is a little underwhelming, where would I find that icon to change the colour of it.
Alice.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński