Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Hero area changes (in JS 3.1.1) messed up my layout on mobile devices.

10 years 2 weeks ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi,

I am currently using Joomla 2.5.19 and Jomsocial 3.1.1.

While using Jomsocial 3.0 (up to 3.0.5.3) the 'hero area' displayed great across desktop, tablet and phones. The changes you made in 3.1 have messed this up. On mobile devices (phones) the 'Join Us' button is now displayed right across the middle of my background image, the intro text is nowhere to be seen and the login area borders are a mess (see images before and after update from iPhone 5 running iOS 7, same on Android devices).

Can you help me get everything to display as it was previously? Or is it possible to revert to JS 3.0.5.3 which worked fine across all devices on my responsive development site?

Thanks,

Matthew

Attachments:
10 years 2 weeks ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi,

Can you upgrade to the latest version 3.2.0.2,please? I think this issue will be fine there,

Thank you

10 years 2 weeks ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Dimas,

I upgraded to 3.2.0.3. but the problem with the hero area on phones remains the same as it was on 3.1.1.

All other 3.2.x changes seem to be working just fine.

What can I try next?

Thanks.

10 years 1 week ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

I just look this and seems the frontpage is good for me

Attachments:
10 years 1 week ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Yes this is how it looks for me also but I want the 'Join us now, it's free!' button to display BELOW the background image not cover it up. The button was below the image on mobile before Jomsocial 3.1.x. and this was perfect.

How can I achieve this positioning now the default has been changed?

Thanks.

10 years 1 week ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

well, that is default from us, actually the button should on top the image.. we designed like that... if you wanna change it you can edit the style.css inside jupgrade/components/com_community/templates/default/css/style.css, find this :

#community-wrap .hero-area .content{padding:20px;position:absolute;bottom:0px;width:100%;-webkit-box-sizing:border-box;-moz-box-sizing:border-box;box-sizing:border-box;}

change the "bottom" value to -20px

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński