Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

I want to upgrade the current version

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Jane
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I want to upgrade to latest jomsocial version.

I have some questions.

1. Do i need to take backup before upgrade? Or if yes what things like files and db i have to take backup.

2. Will upgrading will overwrite my customized files ?

3. Main reason to upgrade is solving the issue of time resets automatically while editing the event, will this solve automatically?

4. Is it possible to get help from your technical team to get it done, as i m not good in jomsocial..

Awaiting your response.

10 years 1 month ago
  • David
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Jane,

1. Yes and this always should be done before do an upgrade :) backup your all entire site and all database.. because if something happen after upgrade or the upgrade got stuck, you can revert it back into old version :)

2. Yes, all your customization related with jomsocial will be overwrite with new jomsocial script.. :)

3. To know about it, you must did and upgrade first since we don't have any change log now (because this is not stable version)

4. I'm very very sorry for this, our support developer doesn't provide any migration, or upgrade help :) you can search how to upgrade from our wiki page or from our forum :)

Warm Regards,

David

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński