Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

First login fail on frontend followed by succesful login

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • John
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi,

I recently upgraded to the latest version of Jommla and the Jomsocial. However now I'm getting the following problem:

When a user logs in on the frontend using the main component (I don't have the login modules activated) they get redirected back to the site home page. When they try to log in again it works.

While this is a minor problem, I'm about to launch the site and this will seriously put clients off. Is this a known issue after upgrading or is it something else?

Please HELP!
best
John

The following user(s) said Thank You: Richard
10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi, John.

You mean latest STABLE release, that is JomSocial 3.1.1?

But how to log in to your site on frontend? I can see there only counter and nwesletter subscription.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • John
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi

I've tried replying to this topic a couple of times but the site wouldn't let me. The problem still persists. You can now get access to the site. We are using the latest stable release. If you use the following access details you'll be able to see what is happening, but essentially I'm asked to login twice.

You'll notice we're using a redirect to take the user to a php file which creates an SSO connection to our partner site. We've had this working for months but after the update we now have the double login problem.

Any thoughts?
regards
John.

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi, John.

I can't confirm that issue. I logged in here: clicktalkenglish.com/index.php?option=co...&Itemid=1276&lang=es with credentials you provided and was successfuly redirected. I wasn't prompt second time for password...

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński