Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Frontpage login

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Bob
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I want to use a login module called "Login Styles" which appears in the upper right corner of my site. It works fine on every page of my site - except it does not work on the Home page. The home page is the Jomsocial component.

If the user is not logged in, they can log in at the home page using the form on the bottom of the home page. But if they try to use the Login module at upper right, it does not log them in, it just returns them to the guest home page.

If a user is logged in, they can log out easily using the module - but if they are on the home page, it does not work. It will not log them out and just keeps them on the home page of Jomsocial.

For all other pages of my site, that Login module works fine. So I think there is some kind of conflict between that module and the home page of Jomsocial.

I asked the developer of the module about this, and their reply is:
"It appears the login on the home page is not working due to the other existing login on your home page. Can you try disabling and then trying. I believe that module is messing with the login tokens and so the login styles is not able to authenticate. Pls check."

I have tried doing a template override with the file frontpage.guests.php, in which I deleted the entire div that contained the login form. The guest frontpage shows the "Get connnected" and the link to register, but no form. With this modification, the login module still does not work.

(I have now reverted back to the original unmodified frontpage.guests.php because without a login form and without a working login module my members couldn't log in there.)

Do you know of any reason why that module will not work on the front page of Jomsocial?
Thank you for your help.

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi, Bob.

Honestly solving issues with 3rd party extensions is out of scope our support.
You may try:

1. Disable caching on your site to see any changes.
2. Change template to Joomla! default one

I was on your site but:

- account you provided us doesn't have super user rights
- you manage to create workaround for your issue and module works

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Bob
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

OK thank you for your time.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński