Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

JomSocial updater not working

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi,

I have a Joomla 2.5.19 development site currently running JomSocial 3.1.0.1 seemingly without any major problems. The updater is not working, however.

If I have the JomSocial Update plugin enabled then it displays the 'JomSocial Update Available' link at the top right of the Joomla admin panel but when I click it nothing happens and I get 'javascript:void(0);' at the bottom left of my browser. If I go to the JomSocial component backend > Tools > Update and click the check for latest version button it tells me I am running the latest version - when clearly I am not.

If I disable the JomSocial Update plugin and try check for an update using the same method as above nothing happens when I click to check for an update and again I get the 'javascript:void(0);' displayed in the bottom of my browser.

Obviously it seems there is a javascript problem stopping the updater working properly but this is beyond my knowledge and skill level!

I would be very grateful if you would take a look and help me resolve this issue.

Thanks.

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired GURU Expired Publisher Expired AdAgency Expired iSEO Expired Socialize Expired

Hi Matthew Hogg,
I have successfully upgrade Jomsocial at your site by using iJoomla Installer from admin panel.
It is now showing 3.1.1 as it is now our latest version.
Enjoy with our latest package.
Thanks

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Ashraf,

Thank you for updating my Jomsocial to 3.1.1. It seems to have fixed a few issues I was having!

However, my hero area image override has stopped working and the standard Jomsocial image is now being displayed.

Is there something I need to change with my template override code which looks like this:

@import url("../../../../../components/com_community/templates/default/css/style.css");

#community-wrap .cGuest .hero-area {
    background: url("../images/EIR_banner_website5.jpg") no-repeat scroll 0 0 / cover transparent;
}

Thanks,
Matthew

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired GURU Expired Publisher Expired AdAgency Expired iSEO Expired Socialize Expired

All you need to replace the file with your one here
yoursite.com/jupgrade/components/com_com.../images/guest-bg.jpg
but keep the file name same.
Thanks

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi Ashraf,

Thank you for your help. I will implement this for now.

However, I had a template override working for the guest background image prior to you upgradingf my jomsocial to 3.1.1.

Can you explain why the ovverride no longer works please?

My entire override flle is as follows and all other elements are still working as intended...

@import url("../../../../../components/com_community/templates/default/css/style.css");

background: url("../images/EIR_banner_website5.jpg") no-repeat scroll 0 0 / cover transparent;
}

#community-wrap .js-focus-menu a {
color: #009000;
}

#community-wrap .cSubmenu li a {
}

#community-wrap .cSubmenu li a.active {
}

#community-wrap .cSubmenu li a:hover{
color:#999;
}

#community-wrap .js-toolbar .js-counter {
background: none repeat scroll 0% 0% #009000;
}

#community-wrap .btn-primary:hover, #community-wrap .btn-primary:focus, #community-wrap .btn-primary:active, #community-wrap .btn-primary.active, #community-wrap .btn-primary.disabled, #community-wrap .btn-primary[disabled] {
color: #ffffff;
background-color: #006000;
}

#community-wrap .btn-primary {
color: #ffffff;
text-shadow: 0px -1px 0px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.25);
background-color: #009000;
background-image: linear-gradient(to bottom, #00b000, #006000);
background-repeat: repeat-x;
border-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.1) rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.1) rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.25);
}

Thank you,

Matthew

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi,

I uploaded a new image file named guest-bg.jpg to the folder you instructed but it is not showing on the frontpage of the site. Neither is it showing in the folder in the file directory in cPanel.

I will try uploading via FileZilla but so far no luck.

Matthew

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Ok, I renamed my image back to guest-bg.jpg and uploaded it. The image is now displaying instead of the default Jomsocial one but the alignments and styles are all over the place. The tagline and login sections used to display over the bottom of my background image with transparency. Previously everything looked great on mobile/cell phones but now on my phone the login buttons are right over the middle of the image...and on iPad everything looks a mess!

Can you please explain why when you updated my Jomsocial from 3.1.0.1 to 3.1.1 the guest background image template override I had working perfectly now does not work and just switching my image for yours as you suggested looks such a mess...

It took me a long time to get my background image made to the right size and to setup the overrides correctly following your Template Customization documentation and now a minor update seems to have given me problems all over again. Did you change the 'hero area' code/CSS?

Once again, my template override for the guest background image is as below and all CSS overrides still work, just not the image:

}

Thank you,

Matthew

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi
Though there are lots of things there for jomsocial upgrade, please have a look at www.jomsocial.com/features/changelog

Now about the change of html structure for hero are,
The main reason of changing the image from css to html is for responsiveness for different kind of devices.

so the code will no longer work with the latest version (3.1.1)

}
If you now need to change any style then please come up with new forum post and specify there the problem detail.
We are always with you.
Thanks
Thanks

10 years 3 weeks ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi,

It is ironic that the changes were to make the hero area better for responsive design as Jomsocial 3.0 worked perfectly across all devices and screen sizes...Jomsocial 3.1 has broken it.

I would rather just go back to v3.0.5.3 which worked fine than mess about with the new architecture. Is it possible to just uninstall 3.1.1 and install the 3.0.5.3 package in the Joomla extensions manager or did the upgrade to 3.1.1 involve database changes?

Thanks.

10 years 1 week ago
Licenses:

Hi Matthew Hogg,
Sorry for the delay.
I would like to inform you that we have released js 3.2.0.4 with lots of bug fixes.
Let me know if the problem still persist after after up-gradation.
Thanks

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński