Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Cant access Joomla back-end since installing JomSocial

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Syed
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I have a new problem. I can't access the joomla backend since installing jomSocial!

We are running joomla 3.2.3 and I downloaded and installed JomSocial today 3/28. Since installation, when I try to access the admin site, I can login OK but I get a pure white screen. How can I resolve this? Please let me know what additional details you may need about our site and setup so i can respond.

Our site is installed on a local server running ubuntu 12.04 LTS with LAMP. This site does not face the internet - is is stricly for LAN usage within our organization.

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired GURU Expired Publisher Expired AdAgency Expired iSEO Expired Socialize Expired

Hi Syed,
Thanks for your query.
Though we only support for live url.
but here some tips we have for you. (if the site is showing blank white screen, it means some error occurred.)
1. Please enable display error to maximum at site admin > system > global information > display error then check the error and send to us
2. If still showing blank page then need to configure php server ini file as display_error = On and check
3. You can try with a live url and check if there working fine or not
Thanks

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Syed
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Thanks for the response Ashraf.

I have NO access to the back-end so any config changes have to be made by editing the ~/joomla/configuration.php file. As per other joomla forums, I already set debug to maximum set display_error to On and I am still getting the white screen. When I get to the admin logon screen (before logging in), I see debug info at the bottom, including sql calls, etc but I am not sure what I would be looking for there.

Is there a log file I can copy and paste here so you could take a look at it,

Thanks in advance,

Syed / Richard

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired GURU Expired Publisher Expired AdAgency Expired iSEO Expired Socialize Expired

Hi Syed,
It is strongly recommended to have a live url to check the issue and ensure our support.
Thanks

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Syed
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Ashraf,

At this point, we have sensitive information on this intranet site pertaining to our organization, and because we cannot access the Admin portal, we cannot remove the joomla content before putting the box on the internet.

Please advise if there is any other way we can resolve this issue. We would like to present this solution for approval, and without a working beta we may not be able to go forward.

Can you provide any guidance with command line tools that we can use to resolve this.

Thanks

Syed / Richard

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Syed
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Ashraf,

Here is a follow-up:

I completely removed and (re)installed a fresh copy of joomla 3.2.3, losing the entire db in the process and of course I was able to access the joomla back-end successfully again.

With nothing else added on the site, I installed JomSocial again using the option to install from package. I browsed to my download, which is com_community_pro3.1.1.zip. I verified that all pre-requisites showed green, then clicked next. The install proceeded then when it got to the end, I got an option to check configuration, then when I clicked Done, I was at a blank screen again.

I then re-enabled debug and error reporting and I am still getting a totally white screen (cleared Firefox cache, etc.). Does this shed any additional light on the issue?

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi Syed,
i would suggest you to make a clone copy of the latest site under a directory "dev" at live as url asXXXXXXXXXXXXog.info/dev
and send us login and ftp info
or
send us whole site backup file at my private message so that I can replicate the process.
Thanks

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Syed
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Ashraf,

I have placed the box on the internet as you requested; it is reachable by the following URL: 75.127.166.252/dev . Control Panel login URL is 75.127.166.252/dev/administrator/index.php . username tsgadmin, password 200jericho.

Please provide me your ftp info so I can send you the .zip file of the site.

Regards,

Richard / Syed

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Syed
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Ashraf,

I have updated the static IP settings for the test site:

It is now 47.21.203.92, so the test URL is 47.21.203.92/dev and 47.21.203.92/dev/administrator/index.php respectively.

Thanks and Regards,

Richard / Syed

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi Syed,
I have tried to open the site through the ip ( 75.127.166.252/dev , 47.21.203.92/dev ) but experiencing problem as
"ERROR The requested URL could not be retrieved"
Please check and let me know.
Thanks

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Syed
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Ashraf,

I sent a follow-up IP address change earlier. The URL is 47.21.203.92/dev and 47.21.203.92/dev/administrator/index.php respectively.

Thanks and Regards,

Richard / Syed

10 years 1 month ago
  • Paul
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Syed,

I have responded to the post on the billing forum, can you please contact me at paul at ijoomla dot com as per that reply so i can look at this issue for you.

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Syed
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Paul,

In response to your query about our setup, we have a localhost setup with direct access to the server and direct editing of configuration files.
Per your suggestions in the email response, we have granted full -R 777 permissions to the /tmp and the /log folders (a little overkill) and edited the configuration.php file to read ../dev instead of ../joomla and restarted the apache server and we still get the blank screen on the admin login. We still have debug and error reporting on.

Please take another look at the updated settings and let us know what other steps we can take to resolve this issue,

Thanks,

Richard & Syed

10 years 1 month ago
  • Paul
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Syed,

I need write permissions on the dev directory without this i cant really try the usual things we do when it's a live server.

The best way forward is if i have write access to that directory if i can empty the directory (delete all files) then upload and install joomla / jomsocial again for you. One of the reasons we normally don't support local hosts is it is normally a config issue with the setup that causes the error. An example is joomla has over 1 million installs and jomsocial has over 160 thousand so if you look at those numbers then consider that we can't get joomla & jomsial running it does look like a localhost config that is the problem. :)

BUT

i'm still more than happy to help you. so if you can add write permissions onto that directory /dev i'm more than happy to install it for you or at least try and work out what the config issue is.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński