Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Installing

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi
I just bought Jom Social and I have installed many different software packages and can not figure out how to install this software? Could I get the installation for dummies so I can install this??

Thank You

10 years 1 month ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Vincent,

Jomsocial is under Joomla CMS, so you need to download and install Joomla first, please follow my steps below

1. download Joomla package from here www.joomla.org/download.html
2. Follow this for how to install Joomla on your site docs.joomla.org/J3.2:Installing_Joomla
3. If everything works fine, now you only need install Jomsocial, for jomsocial please you follow this documentation.jomsocial.com/wiki/Installation

If you still need more assistance for installing this, I suggest you provide me the cPanel access, so I can install it for you.

Thank you

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I have Jom Social installed ok, however I have two questions about the software, how do I make Jom Social the main landing page and is their a forum add-on for Jom Social?

Thank You

10 years 1 month ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Vincent,

1. You should go to Joomla menu manager, search jomsocial menu there, and set that menu as main page, if you need me for setting this, please you provide me the backend account

2. You need install kunena component for this www.kunena.org/download

thank you

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Dimas Tekad Santosa wrote: Hi Vincent,

1. You should go to Joomla menu manager, search jomsocial menu there, and set that menu as main page, if you need me for setting this, please you provide me the backend account

2. You need install kunena component for this www.kunena.org/download

thank you

Hi Dimas
OK I'm still a little confused, I downloaded what you said and I am getting an error now? the download came with these packages

com_kunena_v3.0.5
kunena_media_v3.0.5
lib_kunena_v3.0.5
plg_quickicon_kunena_v3.0.5
plg_system_kunena_v3.0.5

I installed all of them I will give you my admin login so you can take a look the URL is livingfocustoday.com the User Name is ***** and the password is ****** lol a little bit of humor on the password. My direct email is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. Thank You

Vinny

10 years 1 month ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Vincent,

I just installed Kunena forum, you can look at backend here livingfocustoday.com/administrator/index.php?option=com_kunena and frontend here livingfocustoday.com/index.php?option=com_kunena

If you want integrate kunena with Jomsocial you can set it in plugin manager, search kunena there, and find kunena jomsocial integration.

Thank you

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Dimas Tekad Santosa wrote: Hi Vincent,

I just installed Kunena forum, you can look at backend here livingfocustoday.com/administrator/index.php?option=com_kunena and frontend here livingfocustoday.com/index.php?option=com_kunena

If you want integrate kunena with Jomsocial you can set it in plugin manager, search kunena there, and find kunena jomsocial integration.

Thank you

Hi Dimas Tekad Santosa
OK so far I have not found anything that will intergrade what you are asking me to do?? However Kunena is working?? Not sure how you have done this? But I am still having problems with a theme JF_Social it will not install for some reason I have installed many CMS systems however this one has me stumped!! Could I impose one more time could you help me intergrade Kunena with Jom Social and show me why the new theme is not installing?? I have done and pondered over this for a long time when I think I have it, it does not work??

Thank You Dimas

10 years 1 month ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hi Vincent,

Look at this profile page livingfocustoday.com/index.php/jomsocial/208-super-user/profile , there you can see the kunena integration with jomsocial stream and you can see kunena application in that profile as well.

Regarding JF_Social template, I suggest you contact to the JoomForest developer for this, because this is not our jomsocial scope.

I know you are now in Joomla, I suggest you have assistance for building this site.

Thank you

Attachments:
Moderators: Piotr Garasiński