Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

only 5 lines of text when upgrading to joomla 3.2

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Lee
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

we are upgrading from joomla 2.5 to 3.2. however, when we do, jomsocial breaks and all i can see is the following five lines of text:

Get Connected!

Connect and expand your network
View profiles and add new friends
Share your photos and videos
Create your own group or join others

what am i doing wrong. all my other components work fine except jomsocial.

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired GURU Expired Publisher Expired AdAgency Expired iSEO Expired Socialize Expired

Hi Lee,
I have logged in at your site backend and seeing
Joomla 2.5 ans Jomsocial 2.6.2
It seems the site not taking upgrade.
Can you guide me with the exact url where the upgrade taking part?
Thanks

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Lee
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

If you look at the menu item for "Website/Social" you see a nice layout.
Once I go to Components\iJoomla Installer and update to the next version, that main page goes blank.

Is there something we're supposed to be doing after the upgrade to get that content back to how it shows now?

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired GURU Expired Publisher Expired AdAgency Expired iSEO Expired Socialize Expired

Hi Lee,
Sorry for the delay.
What I meant that, if you are upgrading your site from joomla 2.5 to 3.X then lead me to there.
Or if you want to say with 2.5 with given site url then we can check upgrade here.
Thanks

10 years 1 month ago
  • Paul
  • Visitor
Licenses:

Hello Lee,

Regarding your external contact with us. i have looked at your account and there was a setting incorrect which i think will explain the problem you are having. Because you site appears to be live i didn't run the installer. Can you please try to run the installer again and let us know if you still have any issues. Please note that you will need to upgrade as per the installers recommendation. You must go up to 2.84. first, upgrading directly to Jomsocial 3 will not work. Please make sure you have a tested backup before you proceed with any major upgrades.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński