Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

upgrading information request

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I've to upgrade Jomsocial 2.6.0 and Joomla 1.6 to the latest.
I've just downloaded the packages as suggested in this thread:
www.jomsocial.com/forum/installation/951...e-from-1-6-288#54152
where can I find informations about how to upgrade ?
I've just got the files but I don't know how to proceed.
thank you
regards.

10 years 1 month ago
  • David
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Riccardo,

you just install step by step :
1. i assume you have been downloaded jomsocial 2.8 and 3.1.1 which is 3.1.1 is our latest version.
2. i assume you have been downloaded joomla 2.5 and joomla 3.1
3. i assume you know about joomla migration tool (you need migration tool, google how to upgrade Joomla 1.5 to 2.5 you will find the tool)
4. BACKUP YOU WEBSITE FIRST (DO A FULL BACKUP).. YOU DO THIS WITH YOUR OWN RISK, we only help you.. actually we don't support about jomsocial and joomla migration from very old version.
4. now upload jomsocial 2.8 from your extensions manager
5. now time for you to upgrade your Joomla version. From Joomla 1.6 to 2.5 (you need migration tool, google how to upgrade Joomla 1.6 to 2.5 you will find the tool)
6. Upgrade Joomla 2.5 to 3.1 and you are fine in here, don't upgrade to Joomla 3.2 because it is new and all compatible issues are not addressed.
7. Upgrade JomSocial from 2.8 to latest version.

Warm Regards,

David

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Hi David, thanks for your reply.
I've got few more questions.
I have jomsocial 2.6.0, do I need to upgrade on 2.6.3 first ?
About upgrading the only info I got is: "upload jomsocial 2.8 from your extensions manager" and that's all. The package "com_community_pro_2.8.4.2" came with not even a "readme" file. Do you have any docs with further information ? e.g what about old jomsocial installed files ?
I'm using Jumi on my site, from your experience, do you know if it will works with Joomla 3.1 ?
Thank you David, regards.

10 years 1 month ago
  • David
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Riccardo,

Have you do a backup your entire site (site+DB) before do an upgrade ?
You can upload directly from 2.6.0 to 2.8.4.2.. There is no installation file "read me" i think for jomsocial old installer.. after you upgrade your joomla into 3.1 i can help you upgrade your jomsocial.. the old jomsocial data installation files will be replace with the new one :)

I never use jumi :) sorry for that..

Warm Regards,

David

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński