Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Upgraded both JomSocial and Socialize; front page problem

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Amber
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Licenses:
JomSocial Active Socialize Expired

Upgraded both JomSocial and Socialize. Lost changes I made to en-GB.com_community.ini for the homepage graphic cover text to have people join my site. It's returned to your default value. I have my overrides on my local computer, of course, and can fix it. But how do I prevent your updates from changing my overrides in the future? I had this file in the override folder but it doesn't seem to matter.

Also, I lost settings I had made in my Socialize layout--I had assigned "Utility" to "Home-1" and had to restore that.

Finally, the graphic has disappeared from IE. See below--with graphic is showing in chrome, not in IE. I have flushed all caches (server, Joomla) deleted temporary files from my IE browser. Thoughts?

Attachments:
10 years 1 month ago
  • Paul
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Amber,

There is a a redundant file in the overides of the socialize template if you delete the following file the problem will be gone

siteroot/templates/socialize/html/com_community/frontpage.guests.php

The other issues you are having i will get our socialize support person to look at this for you

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired GURU Expired Publisher Expired AdAgency Expired iSEO Expired Socialize Expired

Hi Amber,
I have fixed the problem at your site.
I have removed "frontpage.guests.php" file from root/templates/socialize/html/com_community
and applied below css for fixing the style

#community-wrap .hero-area .hero-area-bg{
    min-width:100%
}
#community-wrap .hero-area .hero-area-wrapper:before{
    padding-top: 23%;
}
Hope it will work fine.
Thanks

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired GURU Expired Publisher Expired AdAgency Expired iSEO Expired Socialize Expired

Hi Amber,
Let me then resolve the issue.
Happy to hear that you solved the problem with your own.
Thanks

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński