Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Thumbnail Image for Videos not appearing after JomSocial upgrade to v3.1.1

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Doug
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

After upgrading JomSocial to v3.1.1 from v3.1.04, the thumbnail images for videos in JomSocial no longer appears. The link on the broken image icon will load the video and play correctly, however.

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi BoJames,

Could you please provide me FTP access at your Site Detail? (by editing this Post). I need it for debuging your site.

Cheers,
Albert

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Doug
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Thanks Albertus,

I have added the FTP info

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi BoJames

Please check it, your issue has been fixed.
the problem is because your video path/location outside images folder. at Joomla 3 we must allow that folder from .htaccess.

I already did for you. now the video thumbnail not broken anymore.

Cheers,
Albert

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Doug
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Ok Albertus,

Thanks. It is working now. Perhaps you can help me understand something better.

I am using AdminTools to create htaccess files. My knowledge in this area is very limited. I have two htaccess files; .htaccess and .htaccess.admintools

Can you be more specific on the change you made and did you change both files or just one? Also, I don't necessarily have to have the videos folder outside of the images folder. I didn't realize it would cause problems. Do you think this could cause additional problems and would you recommend moving the videos folder back to within the images folder?

I appreciate any guidance you can offer here.

-BoJames

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi BoJames,

I apologize for not getting back to you sooner.

htaccess.admintools is a htaccess backup created by Akeeba Admin Tools component.

What I did for your htaccess? I added 'videos-jomsocial' at RewriteRule

line 80: RewriteRule ^administrator/(videos-jomsocial|components|modules|templates|images|plugins)/.*\.(jpe|jpg|jpeg|jp2|jpe2|png|gif|bmp|css|js|swf|html|mpg|mp3|mpeg|mp4|avi|wav|ogg|ogv|xls|xlsx|doc|docx|ppt|pptx|zip|rar|pdf|xps|txt|7z|svg|odt|ods|odp|flv|mov|htm|ttf|woff|eot)$ - [L]

line: 83: RewriteRule ^(videos-jomsocial|components|modules|templates|images|plugins|media|libraries|media/jui/fonts)/.*\.(jpe|jpg|jpeg|jp2|jpe2|png|gif|bmp|css|js|swf|html|mpg|mp3|mpeg|mp4|avi|wav|ogg|ogv|xls|xlsx|doc|docx|ppt|pptx|zip|rar|pdf|xps|txt|7z|svg|odt|ods|odp|flv|mov|ico|htm|ttf|woff|eot)$ - [L]

line 84: RewriteRule ^(videos-jomsocial|components|modules|templates|images|plugins|media|libraries|media/jui/fonts)/ - [F]

That css code mean:
limit any folders that can be accessed via a browser.

and I think about videos folder, let it as current location. I can't make sure it will causing problemor not if we move it.

Cheers,
Albert

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Doug
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Albertus,

Thanks for the info. Sorry for my lack of knowledge, still a little confused. If I make changes in Admin Tools and "save", will this overwrite the changes you made?

Note: Even thought the problem is "fixed", I selected status of "not fixed" as I don't see another option that would alert support that I'm still looking for assistance.

10 years 1 month ago
Licenses:

Hi BoJames,

If you make changes in Admin Tools and "save", it will not overwrite the changes. Because at Admin Tools already have the changes. (as attached).

Regards,
Albert

Attachments:
10 years 3 weeks ago
Licenses:

Hi James,

We have not received any response back from you in over 7 days, and would like to know if you consider this issue to be resolved. If you have any further questions, simply reply to this post.

Regards,
Albert

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński