Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Upgrade to 3.1.1 // Image on "Get Connected" frontpage not fully visable

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Doug
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

After upgrading to JomSocial v3.1.1 from v3.1.04, the "Get Connected" image no longer displays properly.

Here is the how the image appeared before upgrade;

This is the how it is displayed after upgrade;

10 years 1 month ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi BoJames,

You overrided the jomsocial template ? if yes, please you use the default Jomsocial template.. it will solve the issue.

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Doug
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Yes, I set-up an "override" folder following the directions here . I was under the impression that setting up the override folder would eliminate the need to update files when upgrading JomSocial.

I have confirmed that the default Jomsocial template is selected. However, I get the same result no matter which template is selected.

10 years 1 month ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi BoJames,

Open this freedomfray.com/_Members-Hub.html?template=protostar , that url use the default Joomla template, and avoid the override method and workins fine right?

Well.. We changed this file frontpage.guest.php in newest version, so you also need to change the overriden file with that newest file.. how to solve this :

1. Copy components/com_community/templates/default/frontpage.guest.php
2. paste / replace the existing on to this folder templates/YOURTEMPLATE/html/com_community/
3. open that file and change the frontpage banner with your own.

10 years 1 month ago
    Topic Author
  • Doug
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Ok, yes, it is working after following your instructions.

I'm still a little confused, however. I thought that my initial setting up of the override folder/files would prevent me from having to make these types of changes after upgrades. Is it because this specific file (frontpage.guest.php) underwent a specific change in the upgrade? And, can I assume that on future upgrades, as long as this particular file is not changed - then I won't have to worry about having to change again?

thanks again,
-BoJames

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński