Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

No JomSocial drop down menu

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Sylvan
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

New to JomSocial. Had tried Community Builder previously but not enough options. Using on localhost only. Installation seemed to go fine. When I went to look at my page after installation, still had previous Community Builder template. Went to Components drop down menu, went to JomSocial but seems to be missing it's own drop down menu from where I am supposed to be able to select the Jomsocial template?

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Sylvan,

Is hard for me to give you the exactly solution/answer, because i can't see your site. but according your description.
please try to have a look at:
1. joomla templates manager
2. backed - components - jomsocial - configurations - template

or could you please provide me the Joomsocial Backend screenshot?

Cheers,
Albert

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Sylvan
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

Thanks for your response.

I was able to attach several png's this time of the "Components" menu and screen shots. As you can see, if you scroll down to "JomSocial," there is no pop-up menu attached for making selections from that menu as I have seen in tutorials. I found that if I just select "JomSocial" under the "Components" menu at the top, it opens a JomSocial 3.1.0.4 page with Dashboard and other options. I can access "Configuration" on this left sidebar (attachment 2) but I think all of that is supposed to available under the "Components" menu across the top as in tutorials? That is what I get on the backend.

On the front end, I was finally able to get rid of some of the leftover stuff that showed up from Community Builder but log on page doesn't really look right to me? It is essentially looks like a standard Joomla sign on page with a JomSocial button at the upper left. See attachment #3. When I sign in, I still get Jomla sign on with a Community Builder graphic and a JomSocial button upper left (attachment #4).

Attachments:
10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Sylvan,

The documentation not 100% updated. but the basic explanation about functionalities are same. For templating you need setup up some few things at: template manager (to choose what frontend template you want to use), and at modules manager.

at module manager pls try to disable all modules, and enabled only module with name 'community' (depend your need)

If you can put your site online (dev site). i can help you to setup your site.

Cheers,
Albert

10 years 2 months ago
    Topic Author
  • Sylvan
  • Fresh Boarder
Licenses:
JomSocial Expired

I think your suggestion of turning off everything in the module manager except for those modules that started with "community." That got my page looking closer to how documentation shows page should look except for still having the "Joomla Open Source Content Management" graphic on top of the JomSocial graphic? There must be something else to turn off somewhere? I am including at attachment of what the sign on page is looking like now and what it looks like after I sign on. I am also including graphic of the "Joomla Template Manager:Styles" page. I currently have the Beez3 selected there. Do I need to turn that off somehow or delete it?

I think I'm getting to a starting point. I had started to put the site online but that seemed to add some layer of complication for me just setting up the php and joomla itself. I think I am making a little more progress on localhost. I know that I will eventually have to figure out how to migrate to the online server but first want to just see what I can do on localhost. Thank you for getting me this far! Now if I can just get rid of the Joomla graphic, I think I can keep moving forward.

Attachments:
10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi Sylvan,

about Beez3 template.
1. If you want replace that Joomla banner, go to: template manager - Beez3 Default (click it) - advance. You will found 'header image' at there. replace with your banner. if empty, at frontend will have default Joomla banner.
2. if you don't want any banner on top. ypu can edit this file

ROOT/templates/beez3/index.php
you can see at line 100 - 130, remove any tags depend your purpose.

or you can using protostar template instead Beez.

Cheers,
Albert

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński