Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Integration with Amazon S3

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hello,
I understand that the integration with Amazon S3 requires mime_magic to be enabled through php.ini. I checked with my hosting service provider. Although they did re-compile Apache with Mime support, but for including it in php.ini, they declined the request stating that it has been deprecated PHP 5.3 onwards. They said they would be able to install "filetype", but that would result in some server downtime. I am running Hostgator VPS.
Does this mean we cannot use Amazon S3 for storing media? The cron has been setup, but does not transfer any files to Amazon S3.
Please advise.

Thank you
Best regards

Praveen

10 years 2 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi,

Quick answer : If you cant setup the mime magic well, you cant use amazon S3 feature :)

So please make sure the mime magic feature is totally works 100 %

regards

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active iSEO Active Socialize Active

Hello,

Thanks for the update. I thought so. However, my host refuses to make this change, saying that they can install fileinfo but not mime magic. Until then, I guess, we will have to do without the Amazon S3 functionality.

Incidentally, I checked the source file s3_lib.php (see screenshot appended), and saw that one of your developers has added a comment stating that mime is deprecated and fileinfo should be used instead. So I guess, someone is working on it at your end.

Awaiting a new release with this issue fixed.

Thank you
Best regards

Praveen

10 years 2 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Praveen,

yeah we have plan for it, and will update the deprecated function and use the another similiar function in next release.

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński