Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Error in language file

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Hi

Didn't know where to post this or how to contact you, but there is an error in the language file regarding the activation link which gets sent to users to activate their accounts.

The link has 'qqqhttp://' at the beginning, I've changed it on my site, but I'm assuming that other people are probably getting the same error, or perhaps its just me?

Best wishes

Paul

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:

Hi, Paul Hacker.

Please tell us more about this. Could you also post a print screen?
And to which language it occurs?
Post a language constant for this or code.

- Instead of saying: 'it's not working', explain the problem in detail.
- Screenshots with the URL visible in them and the problem marked are more than welcome.
- Tell us how to replicate the problem, we can't fix it if we can't find it.
- Make sure that your site/server meets JomSocial System Requirements
- Make sure to setup JomSocial Cron Job
- Always provide us with access details to the backend and ftp. We need it to debug problems.
- If you have a similar problem, but a solution you found isn't working, open a new thread instead of 'merging' with an existing one.

- Use the "Thank You" feature on any post that helped you
10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active

Ok

It occurs in the site language file en-GB.com_community.ini in two places

COM_COMMUNITY_EMAIL_REGISTRATION_REQUIRES_ACTIVATION="Hello %s,\n\nThank you for registering at %s. Your account is created and must be activated before you can log in.\nTo activate the account, click on the following link or copy-&amp;-paste it in your browser:\n\t<a href=QQQ%3$s_QQQ_>%3$s</a>\n\nAfter activation you may login to %s using the following username and password:\n\nUsername: %s\nPassword: %s"
COM_COMMUNITY_EMAIL_REGISTRATION_COMPLETED_REQUIRES_ACTIVATION="Hello %1$s,\n\nThank you for registering at %2$s. Your account is created and must be activated before you can log in.\nTo activate the account, click on the following link or copy-&amp;-paste it in your browser:\n\t<a href=QQQ%3$s_QQQ_>%3$s</a>\n\nAfter activation you may login to %4$s using your username and password."

Its the <a href=QQQ%3$s part that causes the problem. Sends Outlook in to a bit of frenzy when trying to click the link as it reports the site is malicious. I found removing the QQQ part before %3$s means the link works fine and returns you to the site with a successful activation message.

Paul

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński