Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Support Forum

Welcome! Support Forums have been reactivated
Welcome the Technical Support section. Help us in assisting you by providing us with a concise and descriptive elaboration of your issues. Be specific and if possible, provide us with a step-by-step instruction in replicating your problem.

Backup JomSocial User Data & Files Only for Joomla Upgrade

10 years 2 months ago
Licenses:
JomSocial Active Socialize Expired

Hi, I have JomSocial 3.1.0.2 on Joomla 2.5.17 and basically JomSocial is the main purpose of the site. I wish to upgrade Joomla to the latest version where I wish only JomSocial data & files from previous Joomla to be available in the latest Joomla installation. What is the best possible way to implement this task of importing JomSocial data into a new clean install?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Kyaw

10 years 2 months ago
  • Dimas Tekad Santosa
  • Visitor
  • Thank you received: 0
Licenses:

Hi Kyaw,

Do you want clean install Joomla with the newst version, I think you shouldn't do that... if you want you can follow this Joomla update method I think in Joomla forum/doc you can read the simple update with apply the patch..

But.... before you update to the latest Joomla version please you read here docs.joomla.org/Joomla_3_FAQ#Should_I_up...mla.21_2.5_to_3.x.3F because your currect Joomla version is very solid and long term support instead of version 3.1.x (short time support)

Moderators: Piotr Garasiński